No announcement yet.

Langleylads 68 Cougar project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The front spoiler is now firmly in place. I had to fabricate a couple of braces for the ends of the spoiler as they were hanging out there. Just simple piece that bolt to the spoiler and the fender supports. This spoiler is a OER piece from Summit . It came with 3 braces (I used 2) and mounting hardware (I didn't use) for less than $30. I originally planned on fabricating a spoiler but for only $30 why bother and as far as I'm concerned it looks like it was made for a Cougar.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0184bbefe73c180ddad9c71ff58b902cd8cf15bafb.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	519.2 KB
ID:	1249697Click image for larger version

Name:	01b9ed996b060944bc055586fb5a25432f06532467.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	544.3 KB
ID:	1249698Click image for larger version

Name:	0190a0f9bb01f44847218e7f569f2f5cccc2e266c6.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	539.8 KB
ID:	1249699

Comment

• Nicely done!
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Ha! I think I have the same spoiler on my Javelin! It's a first gen Camaro copy.
        I ran it as-is for a while, then later added some carbon fiber to the front to enlarge it.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	4a362d0f.jpg Views:	1 Size:	50.3 KB ID:	1249762
        Last edited by mike343sharpstick; August 15, 2019, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• It made it outside ....

Name:	01ecaebbd0b29d54a98901d3d0aed56aafbed85ca4.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	1249872Click image for larger version

Name:	01f11694521536619a1288627db044a5807605282e.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	853.0 KB
ID:	1249873Click image for larger version

Name:	014b0b51e9851b9bbbdc5b8d36e1c0eecbc60f453b.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	1249874

Comment

• That is such a pretty car - WELL DONE!

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
              That is such a pretty car - WELL DONE!
              Thanks buddy, I appreciate that. It’s been a vision that I’ve had in my head for years now. It’s nice to see it come to life.

Comment

• Modified B&M Quicksilver Shifter

I didn't want to just bolt in an off the shelf shifter as is. I wanted something that looked like it belonged. The Quicksilver had the features that I wanted , it just didn't have the look I was after. I had to cut it apart and remove the main stick. This piece is unmodifiable. So I had to fabricate a new stick . The trim cover was shaved, body worked, painted and I added a vinyl carbon fiber wrap piece to tie it together with the Momo carbon fiber shifter handle as well as the Autometer Ultra-lite gauges that also have carbon fiber faces. The shifter boot is a cheap piece that I found on Amazon , that worked out perfect. Gear selector display is handled by Lokar. It's a cool piece that I installed in a little panel that I whipped up and is mounted under the dash between the Ididit column and the center console.

Name:	01db182087c9c9567c083a37ab6c3a821665c75d67.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	714.1 KB
ID:	1250322Click image for larger version

Name:	0103c239be06539eba24d84d83b1e3b9982b824ef2.jpg
Size:	668.3 KB
ID:	1250323

Comment

• Nice Mod to the shifter!
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Thanks man , it’s the look I was after

Comment

• I've been busy finishing off little bits and pieces. The package tray is almost complete . I cut a new one out of some fiber board I had laying around and covered it in a piece of the first headliner that I installed and wasn't happy with. So that was a win. I order some fine mess stainless off of Amazon to make some speaker grills , I want a flush look to the package tray and didn't want to use the grills that came with the speakers. I ordered some interior pieces today from CJ Pony parts. I'm waiting on the seat belts that i ordered , probably a couple of weeks before they show up. I took the car for a quick trip around the block , I don't have any insurance on the car at the moment so it was short and sweet. It felt good , no strange noises . I can throw a temporary permit on it for a few days but I need those belts to be legal. The interior is coming together nicely.

Name:	011dfde39f18638eee7216c06a19eea7379ab5e4d3.jpg
Size:	730.9 KB
ID:	1250749

Comment

• Originally posted by langleylad View Post
                        I've been busy finishing off little bits and pieces. The package tray is almost complete . I cut a new one out of some fiber board I had laying around and covered it in a piece of the first headliner that I installed and wasn't happy with. So that was a win. I order some fine mess stainless off of Amazon to make some speaker grills , I want a flush look to the package tray and didn't want to use the grills that came with the speakers. I ordered some interior pieces today from CJ Pony parts. I'm waiting on the seat belts that i ordered , probably a couple of weeks before they show up. I took the car for a quick trip around the block , I don't have any insurance on the car at the moment so it was short and sweet. It felt good , no strange noises . I can throw a temporary permit on it for a few days but I need those belts to be legal. The interior is coming together nicely.

Name:	011dfde39f18638eee7216c06a19eea7379ab5e4d3.jpg
Size:	730.9 KB
ID:	1250749
                        The patina on the seats looks great. How did you reproduce that?

Dan (being a wise guy.....)

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

The patina on the seats looks great. How did you reproduce that?

Dan (being a wise guy.....)
                          That’s a good one Dan , people call me a wise guy occasionally but I think they really mean a**hole ! lol

Comment

• Sooooo , me being the one who can't leave things alone. I decided that the engine needed a splash of colour. I thought that I'd pull the rocker covers and give them a coat of red. Low and behold I find that the oil under these covers is a creamy dark tan colour. F**k , I don't like the look of this. So I drained the oil and pulled the filter. Many years ago I blew a head gasket in my S10 , sure enough the oil was a watery mess . The oil that I was crying into today looks totally different than the oily mess from years ago. The LQ9 that I have in the Cougar is a used piece that I picked up. I checked the bearings and replaced the head gaskets along with new head bolts. I thought oil and water didn't mix, looks like it did to me. I'm going to put a new filter and oil in this thing and run a few tests . Since I put this engine back together it's only been run for an hour at the most . Your thoughts please ....
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	oil 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	25.6 KB ID:	1270199
                            Last edited by langleylad; May 17, 2020, 06:35 AM.

Comment

• That sure doesn't look good to me unless you are running alcohol. Do you have a cooling system pressure tester? Or do your auto parts stores have a borrow tool policy. I might try a pressure tester before sacrificing another oil change. Sure hope it turns out to be something easy to fix.

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                                That sure doesn't look good to me unless you are running alcohol. Do you have a cooling system pressure tester? Or do your auto parts stores have a borrow tool policy. I might try a pressure tester before sacrificing another oil change. Sure hope it turns out to be something easy to fix.
                                Ya , I have a pressure tester. I'll run that test today . Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X