X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bummer. Hope it's a fairly easy fix.

Dan

Comment

• I pressure checked the system , all was good. I changed the oil and filter , brought it up to temp and checked the pressure again . Held steady pressure , no bubbles in the rad , oils clear and ran great . I'm putting it down to condensation .

Comment

• Originally posted by langleylad View Post
        I pressure checked the system , all was good. I changed the oil and filter , brought it up to temp and checked the pressure again . Held steady pressure , no bubbles in the rad , oils clear and ran great . I'm putting it down to condensation .
        WOW - that is great news. It is such a pretty car and you done such an outstanding job on it - I am glad it isn't hurt.

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

WOW - that is great news. It is such a pretty car and you done such an outstanding job on it - I am glad it isn't hurt.
          Wow , thanks I really appreciate the kind words !

Comment

• I admire your patience and attention to detail on this build - really nice work. It's easy to end up with a bunch of condensation in an engine that has not run much - getting it up to thermostat opening temperature every once in a while is critical. Love the shifter modification.
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
              I admire your patience and attention to detail on this build - really nice work. It's easy to end up with a bunch of condensation in an engine that has not run much - getting it up to thermostat opening temperature every once in a while is critical. Love the shifter modification.
              Thank you ,
              I didn't want the shifter to look like an aftermarket piece , I think I succeeded .

Click image for larger version

Name:	BMM-80683_xl.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	323.0 KB
ID:	1270926Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0794.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	780.6 KB
ID:	1270927

Comment

• It's been awhile since I posted an update . I was planning on having a pro tackle the interior but I don't have the cash for that . I decided to take care of it myself. I bought some very nice quality vinyl online and got to work. I also made a center armrest and had a local interior guy sew up a cover for it. I cover the rear panels , pretty straight forward . I had to make new door cards for the front , the old one were warped. I'm also playing with the idea of making and installing Porsche 911 inspired door pulls . Here's some bits and pieces , I'll post up finished pics when they're done.

Name:	IMG_1140.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	748.8 KB
ID:	1282052Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1137.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	558.2 KB
ID:	1282053Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1139.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	764.0 KB
ID:	1282054Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1141.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	1282055Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1138.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	681.1 KB
ID:	1282056

Comment

• VERY NICE.
                  I have my Late Mom's sewing machine.
                  HEY......It's a MACHINE.....It has to be MANLY !!,
                  takes several tries to get "Thread Tension" right to work with the material thickness,
                  But I have made many interior pieces in the past.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	9B3FA1D1-E61A-4A23-BFE6-2EA4150C863B.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	673.0 KB
ID:	1328217 Rainy weather is upon us , time to move her inside and tend to the items that I’m not happy with.

Comment

• I guess it's time that I get off my ass and do something. I want to change out the cam retaining plate. For those of you that haven't played with a LS , there a raised rubber seal on the backside of this plate that connects two oil passages. When I changed the cam I should have installed a new plate , which I didn't and oil can bleed out affecting oil pressure. The seal flattens out over time .

Comment

• Originally posted by langleylad View Post
                        I guess it's time that I get off my ass and do something. I want to change out the cam retaining plate. For those of you that haven't played with a LS , there a raised rubber seal on the backside of this plate that connects two oil passages. When I changed the cam I should have installed a new plate , which I didn't and oil can bleed out affecting oil pressure. The seal flattens out over time .
                        remind me about the motor.... why I ask - my 200k 6.0 was starting to develop oil pressure issues that were caused from the center cam bearings wearing out.... just trying to save you some work... or add to it (personally, I'd just send it or at worst add a high volume pump and call it good)....
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• It’s a 2004 LQ9 6.0 with approximately 100k miles . The oil pressure isn’t bad but I think it can be better. I pulled the rad and front dress off last night. I’ll continue today.

Comment

• Speaking of oil pressure issues on 6.0 LS engines. My 2003 2500 LQ4 with 250k miles has had the oil pressure gauge pegged on high for a while now. I been sending it! Is this more than likely the sender, gauge, or has the bypass stuck closed?
                            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

• Job done , no change. 25 psi at idle , I guess I’ll have to live with that .

Name:	44A54AA7-B89A-4AD1-B218-6ED807703FE8.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	1331463

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell View Post
                                Speaking of oil pressure issues on 6.0 LS engines. My 2003 2500 LQ4 with 250k miles has had the oil pressure gauge pegged on high for a while now. I been sending it! Is this more than likely the sender, gauge, or has the bypass stuck closed?
                                Well if this was my dilemma I’d probably start with the most difficult job only to find that the cure was the cheapest and easiest solution …

Comment

Working...
                                X