Langleylads 68 Cougar project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Langleylads 68 Cougar project

I've been dragging my ass doing the metal work on this thing for some time now . It's slowly coming together . Both rear lower quarter panels have been replaced as well as smaller areas just in front of the rear wheels . I've also had to do some work in the rear wheelwells . I've ordered some pieces from Detroit Speed & Engineering , deep wheel tubs , sub frame connectors , and torque boxes . The wheel tubs will allow a 315-335 rear tire inside the wheelwell . Lots of decisions to make .
    Attached Files

Good stuff. Dig the early Cougars. What's the plan?
    Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Been seeing PHR's Cougar up close lately.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Looks good so far. Hope you're having fun with it! FE power?

Dan

Comment

As far as a plan is concerned , I'm taking it one step at a time . First step is getting the body all straightened away , replace rust with new metal , hammer & dolly work , use as little plastic filler as possible , sand , primer & sand before the end of summer . I have a lot of ideas as far as engine , trans , & suspension rolling around inside my head . I want this thing to be a good handling street car with good reliable power and plenty of it . It is being built on a budget , but I will splurge when need be . When the parts arrive from DSE they wont sit on the floor for long . I have purchased all the weatherstriping and assorted other rubber bits and pieces from West Coast Classic Cougar a couple of months back when they had a big sale ( $500 worth ) . FE power is not in the plans and I am definitely enjoying my garage time .

Comment

I like FEs - but it's really hard to argue the power per dollar and availability of parts for the roller 302 / 351, not to mention weight.

AFR 185s on a stroked 351w with an air gap, roller cam and lifters, forged pistons, etc can be built for far less than the same setup on an FE - which is a lot harder to package in one of these.
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

While I'm putting the Cougar back together I'm going to try and take some weight out of it . There is a lot of weight in the nose of this thing . I'm also going to update all areas in order to improve handling , braking etc ..... .

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                Been seeing PHR's Cougar up close lately.
                Scott , I must have checked out the pictures of the PHR Cougar at Yannicks a 100 times checking out all the little details . I love the work they do and the Youtube videos are a howl " get'n shit done " hahahaha !

Comment

cool deal good luck and youre completely right on the packaging issue I know my torino is the same basic shock tower set up and a Windsor is about perfect for these cars.

Comment

Originally posted by langleylad View Post
                    Scott , I must have checked out the pictures of the PHR Cougar at Yannicks a 100 times checking out all the little details . I love the work they do and the Youtube videos are a howl " get'n shit done " hahahaha !
                    Vlad said that. He is a kook. That video of him and Carl hacksawing a billet pulley is hysterical if you understand what happens next. That was the first step in building the Priapism.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

302 and you can change the plugs without a virgin prarie hen sacrifice...
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

same thing with a windsor

Comment

In my current train of thought , there will be no shock towers to be in the way .........

Comment

really?? cmon man thats cheating

Comment

but then I may change my mind ........................ again !

Comment

Working...
                              X