1963 mgb v8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Loren View Post
    Welcome to the biggest disadvantage of using a four-link...they take up a whole lot of space (which in most cars they get put in, "was" the back seat). With that wheelbase change you'll get less weight on the rr, even more on the front now, whether-or-not you're OK w/ the appearance.

Not too late to switch to an F-body style 2-link+torque arm & panhard. Packaging is 'way easier.
    I might run shorter diagonal 4-link bars, or just encroach on the seating area a bit. The big trick is actually keeping the car from looking like a 4x4.

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR View Post
    looks horrific... like a bad cross of a 1gen MR2 and the MGB.
    Yeah, when I looked at it...it just isn't balanced. I want to keep the wheelbase stock though.

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    I think you should autocross it
    Remember, I want to cut up a C4 Corvette for that.

Might all be for nothing, lay-offs are coming and I might be out of a job. That means I might end up selling everything I own and returning to school.
    1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
    1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

• Got my 60 day lay-off notice. Everything I own is for sale.

Comment

• Ouch.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1970camaroRS View Post
          Got my 60 day lay-off notice. Everything I own is for sale.
          Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you'll come out ahead on this deal.

Dan

Comment

• that bites - though, right now is a good time to be unemployed because there are tons of jobs out there
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Damn, sorry to hear that.
              I'm still learning

Comment

• I'm actually going to take this as an opportunity to sell everything and go back to school to pursue a dream.

Comment

I'm actually going to take this as an opportunity to sell everything and go back to school to pursue a dream.
                  that's it, go to school long enough so that it's no longer a dream... my wife suggested I go back to school to finish my mech.engineer degree..... She quickly retracted that suggestion when I got that axe-murderer glaze over my eyes...

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                    that's it, go to school long enough so that it's no longer a dream... my wife suggested I go back to school to finish my mech.engineer degree..... She quickly retracted that suggestion when I got that axe-murderer glaze over my eyes...
                    Hmmm?? you went to skewl a long time to be a lawyer.. Didn't you try to be something else besides a smart ass? That requires schooling I mean...

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                      Hmmm?? you went to skewl a long time to be a lawyer.. Didn't you try to be something else besides a smart ass? That requires schooling I mean...
                      perhaps the SA was caused by all the skewlling?

Comment

I'm actually going to take this as an opportunity to sell everything and go back to school to pursue a dream.
                        I wish you the best of luck with it. Sometimes hitting the reset button is the right thing to do. On occasion, shit happens for a reason, could be the best thing to happen to you!
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                          I wish you the best of luck with it. Sometimes hitting the reset button is the right thing to do. On occasion, shit happens for a reason, could be the best thing to happen to you!
                          True.
                          I'm still learning

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                            perhaps the SA was caused by all the skewlling?
                            I never sent my ass to school...

Back to the point.. Sometimes life throws you doggy tootsie rolls, what you do with them makes you a better person for it.. Flaming bags?

Comment

• I like what Beagle said.

Don't know if you believe in fate, or that "He" has a plan for us, or whatever - but sometimes we'd never know what's behind door number 2 if door number 1 didn't close on us.

Comment

Working...
                              X