Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, I'll check it out!

Comment

Speedway Motors out of Lincoln Nebraska has a Mustang II kit that's probably cheaper in price than Fat Mans.

Comment

Good stuff............I need a retirement project
        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I finally got a free Saturday to do what I wanted.... So, I tackled the rear coilover install. First I had to cut out the old coil spring perches on the rear end. I picked up plenty if cut off wheels from Harbor Frieght and used a bunch. Of course, I work on my stuff in shorts and a t-shirt, so I have little burn marks all over from sparks flying. Not too smart. I got a set of Competition Engineering coilovers from Jegs, the cheap ones not the high end stuff. I already had a set of springs left over from the Mustang build so I used those, although it looks like I'm going to have to order some shorter ones. The rear sits higher than I want. I had to modify the housing brackets from the kit because they fit a rear ends with a 3 inch diameter and the Olds/Pontiac I have is about 3 1/2 inches. I also took off the ladder bars and cleaned and painted those, along with painting the rear end. The only thing left to do is install the top mounts for the shocks. I need mounts that have a flat surface and the ones from the kit are for round tubing. Anyway, here's a few pictures....
          Attached Files

Comment

An infrequent update on the Anglia project. Really haven't had very much time to mess with this but I did get to play a little bit over the holidays. I finished up the coilover install with some flat mount brackets from Allstar. I also mounted the body in position on the chassis so the doors would line up properly. I need to find the door striker parts so the doors don't sag. Now that the body is located permanently I can start building the wheel tubs. I got the aluminum wheel tub kit from Jegs. That should be fun.
            Also, at the Pomona Swap Meet yesterday I scored the front wheels I've been looking for. I bought 2 60's era Fenton 15x3 1/2 aluminum slot skinnies. Now they'll match the rear wheels.
            Attached Files

Comment

Love the slots!
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I like em too. A friend gave me the 15x10's for the back, and I've been looking for the fronts for a while but they're hard to find and expensive when you find them. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time to score these. They'll polish out nice. So anyway, my next goal for the car is to get wheel tubs and floors in place. S&W race cars has nice kit for the floor complete with a trans tunnel for not too much money. The tubs are aluminum but I'm thinking steel for the floors.

Comment

Heres a link to an Anglia that they were able to make a rack and pinion setup work and keep everything within the fenders.

Comment

Nice car! I know I can make a rack and pinion work, we'll see if I can salvage the Opel unit that's in there or have to go in a different direction.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0733.JPG
Views:	376
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	1101192
                      Here's a pic with the new front slots (actual 1960's Fentons) and new front rubber. Looks great! Still haven't gotten around to doing anything with the front suspension.
                      Last edited by mrocketscience; May 5, 2016, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1018.JPG
Views:	267
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	1101203 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1019.JPG
Views:	269
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	1101204 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1020.JPG
Views:	309
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	1101205 New Jegs wheel tubs installed. Had to make patterns out of cardboard and then cut the aluminum to fit against the body. Who knows when I'll get time to work on this again..LOL!
                        Last edited by mrocketscience; May 5, 2016, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Cool car for being retired you sure are busy
                          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                          ​​​​​​

Comment

Looks great, love the slots!

Comment

The slots are RIGHT on this car!

Dan

Comment

Hi, looks like it’s been a long time since I posted here! I’ve actually retired from work, relocated out of the city where I now have property with a small shop on it. I’ve finally gotten some work done on the Anglia, although it seems the more I do, the more still needs to be done ;) Anyway, here’s a couple photos of where it stands now.... there’s at least a couple more years of work left to do!

Comment

Working...
                                X