No announcement yet.

1984 SVO Project - track car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one of those funny stories...was a the bar for a coworker going away, other colleague said "hey - you have an SVO, right?", then said "well i was at the gas station w/ my tbird and a guy approached me saying he had a wrecked SVO...." the colleague of mine took his number and 2 weeks later is when we ran into each other at the bar. I immediately called the guy, who still had the car and we settled on a price.

Good ol' word of mouth... Guy who owned it is an older guy who was driving when it was T boned....didnt know how to use internet and didnt want to go through the trouble of parting it out.

Comment

Right place , right time .... Cool

Comment

Bob Holmes may be on the hunt for some LCA parts, I can't remember what he was sweating last. Bob?
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I'm in good shape, but thanks.
          I'm still learning

Comment

almost done stripping

Worked on the wrecked svo today, pulled majority of the interior parts, and then went to work on pulling the engine.

The car fought back and some of the sheetmetal sliced up my arm good enough at the tricep to require 6 stitches at the ER. Seeing all layers of skin sliced with muscle and fat through the wound was enough to convince me that a band aid woudnt cut it (no pun intended). Post recovery finished up unbolting a few parts and then was off to John's shop to pick up his cherry picker. Luckily he had some suds to help the mood as the pain killers were wearing off.

With help from my wife was able to pull the engine and trans together and they are now tucked away in my garage for future use.

This is the 3rd engine Ive pulled this summer in i believe the same amount of months. While pulling engine and trans from the front with zero front clip was easy, I think I still prefer the method of pulling trans from the bottom and engine from the top separately (with hoist of course). Click image for larger version

Name:	wreck svo 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	871974Click image for larger version

Name:	wreck svo 3.JPG
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	871975Click image for larger version

Name:	wreck svo 6.JPG
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	871976

Comment

Put new SS lines on the front of the SVO and the Hawk race pads. During the burnish session found out that the phenolic pistons were growing too much....now have to take the system apart and put calipers with steel pistons in. ugh only 4 days left before the track event!

first picture is the stock rubber lines

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03603.jpg
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	872002Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03604.jpg
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	872003

Comment

Is that a beer can catch can?
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

yes sir!

Comment

Win!
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I'm impressed you got the engine and trans out in one piece without doing more fluid spill damage to your driveway.
                      Nice work wounded warrier.
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

It helped that the car had to have lost the majority of it's fluids back during the wreck, so no coolant or PS fluid to worry about. The only thing that made a mess was the trans fluid....which is why i would have preferred to drop out the bottom. don't have a plug so best i could do was have a pan follow the trans on the floor as i inched it out of the car and have the fluid leak out of the tailshaft into the pan.

Comment

I dont have a trans jack and I think unbolting a trans is a pain so I always pull the trans with the motor out of a fox. I have never done it in the driveway where I cared about making a mess. Drain the tranny, drain the coolent, remove belt, un bolt alt. and PS pump.... You know the rest. I have always wanted a SVO

PB 60' 1.49
                          ​​​​​​

Comment

yeah in hindsight i should have drained the trans... given that my driveway is sloped and i didnt trust that car all that much...I really hated being under it. Actually i didnt even unbolt the driveshaft from the axle....just pulled the yoke out from the trans when the engine was moved. But yeah next time i'll drain the trans fluid.

Russell - If you have always wanted an SVO, i have one to sell; i'll give you a great deal on it! Only thing is that its missing engine, trans, both doors, all the SVO unique parts....oh and oh yeah it was hit in the front

Comment

Such a deal.
                              I'm still learning

Comment

I am not buying any non running cars right now thanks for the offer Get the rear end and the clutch / brake pedals and the rest will is worth about $10/100# If you were closer I might would try toget that Right rear quarter pannel mine has been hit twice the second time it punched a whole in the 1/4. Hmm.... you going to DW? wonder if it will fit in my saturn?

PB 60' 1.49
                                ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X