No announcement yet.

Ron's 1969 Road Runner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah....I like this big time, the history, the car, the bouncing back from strife...ya got it all here man! Carry ON !

Comment

Here's the best I can do:

Wish I knew how to drop in the actual tune.

Dan

Comment

When I was a kid the guy that lived on the corner had one of those bad boys. He used to shred the neighborhood with it whenever he got bored. I secretly lusted after that car even though it was in primer and looked like shit. Good luck getting her back on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
          Here's the best I can do:

Wish I knew how to drop in the actual tune.

Dan
          Kinda like this:

It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Due to my choice of headers, I had to install a Powermaster mini starter. The Mopar Denso-style starter was too big... Rats. Anyway, the headers are on, the starter is on and it is quite functional. The 40+ year old engine compartment wiring harness is an absolute mess, so now I get to figure out why I have no spark. Thankfully, I still have my Mopar Performance chassis manual from back in the 80's with all the wiring info I need. Now, to pop open a cold barley pop and study up on stuff I have long since forgotten...
            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Ron, I like you a lot, but I would not help in installing headers on a Road Runner. I helped a friend once and it beyond sucked.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Sometimes those Mopar Chassis manual diagrams can be a bit “basic” in that they are meant to give a general idea of how a particular system works, or is wired, there may be slight changes across body styles and model years. Below are a few links to a diagram for your 1969 model year Road Runner which should be a bit more accurate.

Comment

Ron - I have a '70 Dodge B-body factory service manual. Purple cover. PM me your address and I'll send it along - no longer any use to me.

Dan

Comment

PM sent. Thanks, Dan!

Comment

http://s248.photobucket.com/user/NMC...f0781.mp4.html
                      Last edited by Ron Ward; October 24, 2014, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Yay!! Its ALIVE!!!!!

Comment

ron..just joined, and saw your parts ad....still have any of that stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]22718[/ATTACH]

There is a bunch of rust to repair in this car.... a BUNCH of rust....
                            Hey it's a Mopar

Great project.........we had a Plymouth dealership in our small Southern Missouri town.
                            It was well known fact that after one made their 36 payments........rust started to show.

But man they ran like a scalded dog.
                            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                              Hey it's a Mopar

Great project.........we had a Plymouth dealership in our small Southern Missouri town.
                              It was well known fact that after one made their 36 payments........rust started to show.

But man they ran like a scalded dog.
                              Most Mopars have the "factory lightweight" option. You just have to wait a few years for it to start working.

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post
                                Most Mopars have the "factory lightweight" option. You just have to wait a few years for it to start working.

Ron
                                Yeah........cheaper then having to have them dipped.
                                Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Working...
                                X