No announcement yet.

Ron's 1969 Road Runner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This weekend saw a lot of productivity. The new clutch release fork is in and the clutch operates properly. Installed another center section in the rear end (this one actually has a ring gear in it!) and bolted in the driveshaft for the first time since 1996.

Next up is the brakes. New wheel cylinders going all the way around, new master cylinder and all new brake lines.
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

So this is the car your bringing to dragweek?
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
        So this is the car your bringing to dragweek?
        Eventually.... just not this year.
        It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Straightened up the garage.... look what I found.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Ron Ward; October 24, 2014, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Oh... and while I was straightening up the garage.... guess what I found?

yeah.... the correct clutch release fork.

Dammit.

Comment

Of course you did.Found a throwout bearing for the RR that I "lost" a year ago.

Comment

I can always use spares, Don.

Comment

I'll look for it.

Comment

love those wheels.
                    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

This site needs a bodyman,that just travels around and help or learning guys and gals fixing rusted out cars.RoadRunners are soo cool.Yours only needs a bodyman,and more red primer over the places he have been working.

Comment

Growing up, I saw this car daily (beings it sat at the house next door). My family has always been what you could call a "mopar" family. I always liked this car, so much i went out and bought the red 70 Roadrunner that it use to hang out with. So many memories of this 69 RR, they rank right up there with memories of seeing my dads cudas sitting there in the driveway. I think it was the hood that always had me wanting a A12 car. My current project is getting me closer to obtaining that sweet fiberglass lift off hood, i always think back to images of this Roadrunner, it is memories i will always remember. Cant wait to see this thing back on the streets of Topeka Kansas!!!
                        Dodge, it will get you home, quickly!

Comment

Hey, Leo! Good to see you on Bangshift! Welcome to the asylum.

Ron

Comment

Welcome to the zoo Leo.

Comment

Welcome Leo. The place usually runs a little smoother and I'm sure the guys will get the train back on the track very soon.

Dan

Comment

I have been getting quite a bit done on the ol' pile of rust... Waterpump, brackets, pulleys, alternator, spacers.... All new brake hydraulics...
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Ron Ward; October 24, 2014, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X