Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no gaskets with ball and socket collectors
    Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shelty View Post
      no gaskets with ball and socket collectors
      No, no, no and no.... thanks, but no thanks. I took the Hedman's with that setup off and threw them as far as I could.
      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

• you really need to use percy's gaskets for both the collector gasket and the exhaust gasket - they seal, they don't leak, they don't distort... what's kind of cool, you have to pry the collector and exhaust apart because it lightly adheres the two together.... they really work. Best of all, you can reuse them... most recently on my builds, I reused the header gaskets when I went from cast to aluminum heads on my Corvette... no leaks.

I wish I could get advertising $$ for this like Chad does... ah well, they' I'd have to be Chad, and that'd suck
        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; November 18, 2014, 07:56 AM.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Acutally, the plan is to use Mr. Gasket Ultra Seal dead soft copper gaskets. I had them on my Demon and it never leaked.
          It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

• And.... here's the result of 10 hours of cutting, welding, grinding, bolting and unbolting. Although it came out nice, I really would rather not have to do this again.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Ron Ward; November 30, 2014, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• Yeah, but it looks great. I hate looking at a cobbled up exhaust system with a million clamps. I like the way the whole car looks too! Meant to be driven and not afraid too, like Scott's cars.
              Tom
              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Looks good, The time spent was why I took mine to a local shop...dropped off the cars with the headers installed and the mufflers in the trunk....did a great job and charged me 250....the young kid at the shop asked the manager if he could do it...the manager said no, they wanted a more experienced fitter to do it and it would take the kid too long...I heard it and told them no, let the kid do it...glad I did...3 days alter when I picked it up he was so proud, he put it on the lift to show me....money well spent.
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• I once helped a friend install headers on a big block Mopar. Once.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• I've done a couple BBM's - not so hard from the bottom. There's a reason I have a hoist.

Dan

Comment

• Well, guys..... she's for sale.

Comment

Working...
                      X