X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR View Post
    Maybe because he has it already....
    I got that, I ment "why" did he by it. lol

Last edited by NewEnglandRaceFan; July 26, 2013, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Hadn't know about that at the time, and Dan Stern does a lot for the Mopar A-body community, so I thought I'd send some cash his way.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Cramer View Post
        Hadn't know about that at the time, and Dan Stern does a lot for the Mopar A-body community, so I thought I'd send some cash his way.

it's fine, I'm just cheap..
        lotsa good stuff on that board in the fac area

67-72, 67-72chevy, chevy trucks, chevy pickup, pickup, gmc, suburban, jimmy, blazer, yukon, c10, drag, truck, chevrolet, k5, c10, c20, k10, k20, one ton, dually, 73-87, 60-66, 4x4, 4wd, drag truck, silverado, sierra, 454, 350, 396, six cylinder, 250, 292, 283, 327, 307, 305, hei, tune up, wiring, suspension, tires, engine, paint, jokes, 67-72, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73-87, 88-98, 99-06, chevy trucks, chevrolet, 67-72chevyboard, forums, square body, squarebody

Comment

Today's work: Putting in a new rear main seal (might as well, while the engine's out of the truck), and relocating the stock engine mounts one notch back so they'll let the LS sit in the stock location while clearing the A/C compressor. Oddly enough, the frame rails are already drilled for it, meaning I just had to move two tabs on the brake lines and drill new holes in the crossmember.

Comment

from back when they stamped everything for everything? I used to be amused with the swiss cheesed frame around the engine mounts.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

or get the brackets from a 6 cyl truck and just bolt them in
              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

What advantage would the 6 cylinder brackets have? I wonder if they'd help with my current problem.

The mounts bolt up to the adapter plates, but they're just not clearing the manifolds.

Comment

Took a look at it this morning, and it looks like I can just use a couple spacers / washers and make it fit.

Comment

The engine position, relative to the front/rear of the truck, was different on the 6 and 8 trucks from 67-72. The six sat further back. The six mounts were also used on the 63-66 trucks for both the six and V8.

(by "six" I mean the 230-250, not the 292, which has one mount forward and one back, and is really weird)
                    My fabulous web page

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Cramer View Post
                      Took a look at it this morning, and it looks like I can just use a couple spacers / washers and make it fit.
                      I wouldn't dismiss a grinder or BFH either. I wondered about a washer/spacer earlier when I saw the pictures. I can't see where the manifold hits? They took a torch and bent the frame on Trucks! LS into that series to clear the manifold.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                        The engine position, relative to the front/rear of the truck, was different on the 6 and 8 trucks from 67-72. The six sat further back. The six mounts were also used on the 63-66 trucks for both the six and V8.

(by "six" I mean the 230-250, not the 292, which has one mount forward and one back, and is really weird)
                        how can a 6 be father back my v8 is as far back at it could ever go..

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                          I wouldn't dismiss a grinder or BFH either. I wondered about a washer/spacer earlier when I saw the pictures. I can't see where the manifold hits? They took a torch and bent the frame on Trucks! LS into that series to clear the manifold.
                          The section of the bracket near where it bolts to the frame rail hits the manifold. Not a safe spot to grind on, but a BFH is an option.

Comment

YOu could get big block mounts...kind of pricey, but they clear big exhaust manifolds. They set the engine between the six and small block positions.

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
                            how can a 6 be father back my v8 is as far back at it could ever go..
                            Your engine might be sitting on six mounts already.
                            My fabulous web page

Comment

what about sliding a 1/4" plate between the mount and the mill?

The frame rail they took a torch to and bent it down with a 12" crescent when it was cherry red I believe... seems cheaper than calling Kooks!

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                                what about sliding a 1/4" plate between the mount and the mill?
                                That's the plan, more or less. With a BFH as plan B.

Today I wired the engine up while it was sitting on a pallet and tested out the ECU and wiring harness. Things were going quite well until I got to the ignition test mode - I was trying to hear the faint click of a coil firing, but much to my surprise, there was still an ignitable air/fuel mixture in some of the cylinders! Ok, nothing damaged, but I didn't expect a kaboom when I turned the coils on!

Comment

Working...
                                X