No announcement yet.

1972 Chevy C10 with 4.8 LS: Project Chimera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love this truck!! Glad to see you got it going.

I would like to see a "build sheet" on this project as well as updates on the tuning.
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell View Post
      Love this truck!! Glad to see you got it going.

I would like to see a "build sheet" on this project as well as updates on the tuning.
      x2!

Comment

• looks just like my grandpas truck...awesome...
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
          Do you have a canned tune or will it get time on the rollers?
          I'm going to be using this truck to make the official MS3-Pro map for this motor. We'll be tuning it with the shop's Dynapack dyno.

I've been keeping track of the parts used and will try to get them uploaded soon.

Comment

• Looks like we've got a bit of tuning to do now. Also need to hook up the speedometer correctly and tidy up a few wires, but that's about it.

Comment

• That's the most compact dyno unit I've ever seen - what's on the other wheel?
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• There's a matching one on the other side. Those are DynaPack Evolution 4000 pods with the covers removed - the covers wouldn't clear the bodywork.

Comment

• Can't wait for the numbers! I like to know low speed torque as well as hp

PB 60' 1.49
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

• Some transmission issues kept me from completely dynoing it, but I was able to drive it home (45 miles!) under its own power. There's a couple minor leaks I had to touch up, but nothing major. This one's close to having the swap part of the project complete. Next project is likely to be an under-bed gas tank. Do not like the faint smell of gas in the cab constantly.

Comment

• Beagle
                      Beagle commented
                      Editing a comment
                      good to get some storage space back too. Did it frag the TH350 or can you hook up the cable and go on about business?

• I think I can just hook the cable back up - the transmission is still operational.

Now I ran into a rather silly problem. The exhaust that was on the truck was a header-back system where the PO had just hung each side from a single hanger. I had simply welded new headpipes onto that exhaust. Looks like that was the wrong idea - the exhaust flange bolts on BOTH sides decided to pack up and leave no forwarding address on me this morning, within three miles of each other.

Comment

• Ok, the problem wasn't quite so silly - the reason the exhaust flange bolts came off was that the front U-joint had lost a bearing and shook them out! That's patched up now.

Comment

• Any updates?

PB 60' 1.49
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                        X