1972 Chevy C10 with 4.8 LS: Project Chimera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hauen View Post
    I like the idea of taking out the behind-seat tank and putting the computers and a small toolkit there, there's quite a bit of conditioned space that opens up once the sloshbomb is gone. That's my plan anyway, but given the glacial pace my project is going I'll probably have a Mr. Fusion and anti-gravity drive by the time it's done.
    I plane on a sub and maybe some tools, I think I'll make a centerconsole was looking at the olds clone of the blazer and they have a nice console with wood trim that fit.. then just need buckets..
    the atv market has a ton of center consoles that are short for use with a bench and have cup holders and locking storage..
    I hate my stock seat, it is got no support, todays trucks are so big that a splitbench most times doesn't fit well. more like your legs and str wheel don't fit well after you install.

Comment

This one is going to use an MS3-Pro. I'm probably just going to cut the end off the stock harness and splice MS3-Pro connectors on there, so the ECU is going to end up next to the battery.

Comment

PowerNation TV is America's most watched automotive how-to programming. It is the most credible, highest-rated, longest-running tech content on television. The PowerNation consists of: Detroit Muscle, Engine Power, Truck Tech, Xtreme Off Road (XOR), PowerNation Daily, HorsePower, Muscle Item, Trucks!, and Xtreme 4x4

Comment

My work car was in shop so I drove the spare truck the other day was very impressed with its power, I popped the hood to see what was in side. To my surprise it was a 4.8!
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
          ​​​​​​

Comment

Swapping on a cable throttle body. Found there's a PCV vent on the manifold that hits the hose barb on the throttle body. I managed to twist the vent off with a pair of pliers. Now I just need to plug it.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Cramer View Post
              I managed to twist the vent off with a pair of pliers. Now I just need to plug it.
              Perfect!
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

NPT thread it and a nylon pipe plug with cyanoacrylate, then grind it flush?

Sprinkler / Refrigerator / water supply parts places might be good sources.
                Last edited by Beagle; July 11, 2013, 06:38 PM.
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                  NPT thread it and a nylon pipe plug with cyanoacrylate, then grind it flush?

Sprinkler / Refrigerator / water supply parts places might be good sources.
                  That's more or less what I had in mind, although I might just use a bolt and RTV.

It looks like a Walbro in tank fuel pump might not be all that hard to stuff in the stock fuel tank... stay tuned.

Comment

Engine and transmission are out. Managed to drop the transmission pulling it, but it doesn't seem to have done anything worse than denting the transmission pan. Lucky.

Comment

hey, if it didn't land on your foot, it's a good day.
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Got the engine out:

And I think the engine bay could use some cleaning before I put the motor back in.

Hosing it down with a pressure washer is a good start, but some of the parts should be sandblasted, and a lot of things there could use some paint.

Comment

post #34 might be of some help.
                          if you click on wire 1 and wire 2 in red it'll being you to a larger photo

Comment

We seem to have a lot of pickup build threads here!

I've got a headlight relay kit from Dan Stern Lighting that I may use on this one after the engine is in.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Cramer View Post
                              We seem to have a lot of pickup build threads here!

I've got a headlight relay kit from Dan Stern Lighting that I may use on this one after the engine is in.
                              why.. every k car based mopar car on the drivers side strut tower has a bracket with 2 relays on it..
                              5 bucks and you are there..

Comment

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
                                why.. every k car based mopar car on the drivers side strut tower has a bracket with 2 relays on it..
                                5 bucks and you are there..
                                Maybe because he has it already....
                                Central TEXAS Sleeper
                                USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Working...
                                X