Mr. Hankey, 54 RanchWagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Hankey, 54 RanchWagon

Well I finally got started on Mr. Hankey. For those of you that don't know, he got that name because when we bought him, he was painted brown and looked like a big turd. This was taken right after I got him home.

Then his image changed when my sister borrowed him. She painted him black so she could use him as a hearse in her annual Halloween decorations complete with coffin and skeleton in the back and smoke machine under the hood.

This is what he looked like on Sunday when I finally got him into the garage to start the teardown.

And this is what he looks like as of last night with my wife, Reni, who is a member here too. ;D

The plan for him is old school look with modern powertrain. I've got a BBF, C6 and 9" rear that's going to go in. The body is fairly solid but it does need floors and rockers. I've never down a complete build before so this should be a real learning experience.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Re: Mr. Hankey, 54 RanchWagon

Cool car, look forward to seeing progress on it. I'm glad to see that you're using BBF power!
    Still plays with trucks....

Comment

I know you probably think I am crazy or have bad taste, but I think that thing would look totally bitchin tubbed out.

Comment

i like it, way cool machine. chaz

Comment

Originally posted by cal67ss396
          I know you probably think I am crazy or have bad taste, but I think that thing would look totally bitchin tubbed out.
          There's going to have to be something done for tire clearance in the back. ;D I haven't decided on tubs or just opening up the wheelwells like they did in the old days.
          I R Bob
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I vote tubs. Hacked quarters will kill the stock bodyline.

Comment

Would it..How about carrera pan americana style..dressed up as a service wagon with nascar kind of wheels ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger

X's 2

Comment

lets hear it for skinny tires

Comment

Tubs....Just not Pro-Street Tubs....Enough for some decent meat...

Very Nice BTW..

Seth
                    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

I'll try to post some pics of my 53 RW...it's kinda famous...it appeared in the movie Spencers mountain....I bought it from a guy who worked at the studio....cool thing about the 53's are the steering wheel center which say...50th anniversary of Ford Motor Co....My plans are for a cent supercharged sbf Gear Vendors O/D trands and some BA Pro Street steelies with trim rings and baby moons.....I going to retain the full SUV style rear fold down back seat.....I MAY leave it faded to give TRUSTY RUSTY a cruisin mate....LOL
                      The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

I say minitub it.....clearance for bigger tires, but not losing the wagon goodness(i.e., shoving stuff in the back).

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke!
                          I say minitub it.....clearance for bigger tires, but not losing the wagon goodness(i.e., shoving stuff in the back).
                          That's probably how it's going to end up. I want to still be able to put stuff in the back when we travel.
                          I R Bob

Comment

A good friend of mine just picked one up a couple of weeks ago. It's a petty solid car. He also has a '54 Ford Dielivery that he chopped and tubbed. I'll see if I can get a few pics of them.

Ted S.
                            Angels Camp, Ca.

Comment

Originally posted by 67prostreet
                              A good friend of mine just picked one up a couple of weeks ago. It's a petty solid car. He also has a '54 Ford Dielivery that he chopped and tubbed. I'll see if I can get a few pics of them.

Ted S.
                              Angels Camp, Ca.
                              That would be awesome. I'd love to see them.
                              I R Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X