Drag week 05 mustang project update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drag week 05 mustang project update

I have posted almost nothing about my drag week Mustang project that has taken longer and cost more than planned. It is close to ready for drag week. It has a 322 ci big bore stroker 3v mod motor, 4r70w trans with trans brake, a d1sc procharger. Here are some pics. I still need to get subframe conectors welded, lca brackets welded, ARB welded, front end alinment, find trans lock up od trans brake wiring problem and get data for tune revision.
    Attached Files

Nice , did you win the lotto ?

Comment

Originally posted by langleylad View Post
      Sure looks like it... Or inherited some $$$$!

Looks good. Keep posting..

Comment

Originally posted by langleylad View Post
        I wish, then it would not have taken me over 2 years (I think I am closing in on 3).

Comment

Shawn - who's doing the tuning on this beast? This is pump fuel - not E85 yes?
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Blow By Racing is tuning it, I data log they revise the tune and send it back then I get more data and send it back again. I had a misunderstanding with a tuner I was going to use and this was the only way I could meet the deadline for drag week. It runs on good old 93 octane pump gas. The goal is low 10's we will see if that happens or not.

Comment

tasty, very tasty.
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Its been a long time since I posted, I sat out DW 14 I needed to after not making it past day 1 in 2012 and 2013. I spent a lot of time chasing my tail but feel i am now on a path for a great run in 2015! Right now I am running consistent low 11's making 594hp only spinning it to 6500 and using 8psi of boost. A return to Steve Morris is coming soon to turn it up and hope to make 800+whp

Comment

Please keep us posted. Cool to see the car evolve.

Dan

Comment

Keep the updates coming man...they give me hope that someday I can get mine down the track faster than 14.2 and 98mph....
                    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Well with a return fuel system the car now makes 720whp and I am looking forward to low 10's

Comment

Hoping for a trouble free week too!
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Had a chance to test at 131 Dragway Friday, had to hurry because of rain and did not get much cool down time but was happy. First run I screwed up and rolled thru the beams so I went 11.7 at 130mph. The second run I knew the intercooler was hot and car would fall off on power, left off foot brake and spun a little 1.6 60ft and went 10.7 @ 126! My first time in the 10;s!!! With rain very close and the car pretty hot I made 1 more run now on the trans brake, 1.4 60ft but a slower 10.8 @ 123mph. Very happy with the car, I know with proper cool down time should be 10.3!

Comment

Drag strip testing IS useful! See you this weekend.

Dan

Comment

Updates?
                              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                              ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                              X