Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

74NovaMan's 66 Mustang GT (Dad's first new car)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD order showed up today. It looks good. The control arms are nice and heavy and look to be quality pieces. Unfortunatley, I only ordered one shakle kit, so I'll need to order another one. The only other dissapointment was one of the exhaust hanger floor reinforcement plates. It will clean up fine but really I'd like to slap the guy that packed it.

Attached Files
    Last edited by 74NovaMan; April 14, 2014, 10:26 AM.
    Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
    74 Nova Project
    66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
    79 Chevy Truck Project
    1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post
      First of 3 deliveries over the next few days. The connecting rods are kinda sexy and are rated for 7500 rpm and only $75 over reconditioned stock rods. This shippment is Foobie approved!
      I see you have an official parcel inspector just like I do. Everyone I bring in the house gets inspected the second I put it down.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• We visited the body shop this weekend. It's starting to move forward. New outer wheel housing, trunk drop, quarter, door and deck lid installed. Also, package #3 arrived yesterday. I'll have more on that when I have time to do the story some justice.

Attached Files
        Last edited by 74NovaMan; April 14, 2014, 10:27 AM.
        74 Nova Project
        66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
        1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post
          First of 3 deliveries over the next few days. The connecting rods are kinda sexy and are rated for 7500 rpm and only $75 over reconditioned stock rods. This shippment is Foobie approved!
          I see you stole my cat, good sir!
          Local person
          sigpic

Comment

• Very nice on the bodywork. Looks like they're going for laser straight.

Comment

• I have a white kitty also. She's one of the barn cats the house. Now she's decided being in the house during the winter is good. her name in Betty. She's the second barn cat to move inside....at least for the winter....hopefully.
              Tom
              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• The best part about that body work is that it's getting done by someone else!

Comment

• Bunch of body work wusies! You just have to do it 'till it's done. Anyone can learn - even me!

Dan

Comment

• I'm doing all the work on my Cougar because I can't afford to pay someone to do it for me ! It's a hell of a good reason why .

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                      Bunch of body work wusies! You just have to do it 'till it's done. Anyone can learn - even me!

Dan
                      Says the retired guy with all the time in the wold! LOL.
                      I did everything on my car except spray the top coat. This is precisely why I am happy for people who can get any, or better yet ALL bodywork done by a pro.
                      Last edited by mike343sharpstick; November 13, 2013, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• Mike - I keep telling folks that spraying the top coat is the EASY part! The prep is the time eater. But there IS the booth thing......

Wish I had one.

Dan

Comment

• The story behind the huge box:
                          Originally posted by OHC 6 Sprint View Post
                          What color interior are you going to go for? The original looks like it could be black?
                          After I answered in the affirmative to the post above, I get the following PM:
                          Originally posted by OHC 6 Sprint View Post
                          I have a perfect, NOS, Still-in-the-Ford-box, original dash pad, in black. I was given this dash pad about 10 years ago with a bunch of other 1966 mustang stuff when I bought a Cosworth Vega. I don't have a 1966 Mustang, and I don't want to sell this dash pad to someone who's just going to re-sell it for a profit, or put it into a car they're going to flip. You seem like you're a guy who would do neither, so I'll make you an offer I hope you can't refuse. I just ask that you pay the shipping, and it's yours. If you don't need it or want it, that's cool, too. Drop me a line and let me know.
                          (bold underlining is mine) After a few emails and about a month later the dash shows up at my office.

Attached Files
                          Last edited by 74NovaMan; April 14, 2014, 10:28 AM.
                          74 Nova Project
                          66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
                          1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• As you can see OHC 6 Sprint went above and beyond to make sure that the dash pad made it to me safely. He even mailed me the original box tag separately. It’s guys like this that make BangShift such a great place. I feel I’m channeling Pee Wee there, but it is very true. Thank you everyone for the input and support so far and a special thanks to OHC 6 Sprint for the contribution to the cause.

Attached Files
                            Last edited by 74NovaMan; April 14, 2014, 11:01 AM.
                            74 Nova Project
                            66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
                            1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• I just got a little misty looking at that dash pad. NICE!
                              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• As we (that's PW and me) have always said - BS is The Best!!!!

And great that that dash pad will have a good home. I suggest a Dash Mat to help it live forever. I'm using one to cover up the broken-to-bits pad on Truck. When I do replace the dash I'll put the dash mat on it to keep the NC sunshine from cooking the new one. Florida sunshine killed the one that's on there.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X