Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

74NovaMan's 66 Mustang GT (Dad's first new car)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I use undercoating I go to my local paint store and get thiers it seems to work better than the auto parts store stuff. Looking great and have alot of fun on tour with her.
    Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

• Undercoating was almost dry this morning and it was raining so I had to leave the mustang at home today. I'll take it for a spin tonight before I change the oil and pack.
      Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
      74 Nova Project
      66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
      79 Chevy Truck Project
      1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Can't wait to see it in person! which route are you taking to Charlotte/Mooresville?
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• great job

neat idea on those 1/4 protectors. when you get back, if I were you, id make something, maybe trim it off with some extra trunk material or some vinyl and make it permanent, that way you never have to worry about something flopping around the trunk and denting it from the inside
          Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

• fantastic job - just getting caught up on this thread, sorry you had the running issues - I was worried till I read that things got figured out - it seems that running retarded ignition timing results in hot exhaust - as well as running rich.... I hope to have an air fuel gauge on all start ups from now on - as well as the timing light hooked up and ready to adjust as soon as it fired. Did you keep the points or put in an electronic conversion? Best of luck on the tour - you'll have plenty of like minded and helpful folks along if there is an issue.... ENJOY
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Thanks guys. Here is our road trip tool/supply kit:

This was a test from my iphone. Pic would not insert.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by 74NovaMan; June 3, 2014, 07:10 AM.
              74 Nova Project
              66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
              1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                Did you keep the points or put in an electronic conversion?
                Went with points for now. The entire distributor brand new with cap was only $85 and was available at the Oriely warehouse.
                74 Nova Project
                66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
                1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Changed the oil last night and did the usual pre-trip checks. Also pulled the plugs to see how they looked. Most of them looked like these:

#7 was dark brown. I'm not sure what to make of that (if anything) I don't expect it to be any kind of big issue.

Attached Files
                  Last edited by 74NovaMan; June 3, 2014, 07:19 AM.
                  74 Nova Project
                  66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
                  1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Everything looks good now go have some fun with her and be safe. Have a great trip!
                    Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

• Quiet.... Must be on the road! Good luck and godspeed!

Comment

• Can't wait to see it when we get to Charlotte!
                        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• 370 miles today including the 70 for driving to work. The mustang likes to stretch her legs. 70-80 feels very nice. Motor revs a bit at that speed but isn't outrageous. Parked in a hotel parking lot tonight. No other cool cars in sight. We'll see how I sleep. Big driving day planned for tomorrow - 600+ miles if all goes well.
                          74 Nova Project
                          66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
                          1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• what do you mean "if all goes well" !

Comment

• Originally posted by langleylad View Post
                              what do you mean "if all goes well" !
                              Yeah! Whaddaya mean? You guys did an awesome job, cut no corners, everything's new... What can go wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                                Yeah! Whaddaya mean? You guys did an awesome job, cut no corners, everything's new... What can go wrong?
                                Oh no you didn't!

Comment

Working...
                                X