Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

74NovaMan's 66 Mustang GT (Dad's first new car)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files
    Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
    74 Nova Project
    66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
    79 Chevy Truck Project
    1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Ran into a fellow BangShifter at a gas stop!

Attached Files
      Last edited by 74NovaMan; June 14, 2014, 02:48 PM.
      74 Nova Project
      66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
      1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Wisconsin Dells:

Attached Files
        Last edited by 74NovaMan; June 14, 2014, 02:51 PM.
        74 Nova Project
        66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
        1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Attached Files
          Last edited by 74NovaMan; June 14, 2014, 02:55 PM.
          74 Nova Project
          66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
          1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Ran into HWYHOGG at the hotel and hooked him up with a BS sticker.

Attached Files
            Last edited by 74NovaMan; June 14, 2014, 02:57 PM.
            74 Nova Project
            66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
            1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Long Hauler gathering

Attached Files
              Last edited by 74NovaMan; June 14, 2014, 02:59 PM.
              74 Nova Project
              66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
              1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• DF let those wanting to get on the road get their sign and not be in the Long Hauler pic. Probably half the group split off. We did, got our sign, circled back to get in the pic and were on the road by 8:30 and home by noon.

Attached Files
                Last edited by 74NovaMan; June 14, 2014, 03:03 PM.
                74 Nova Project
                66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
                1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Trip Details:

3245 Miles
                  220 Gallons of fuel ($900)
                  15 MPG

11 nights at hotels for just over $1,400.

We had a really great time driving the car and really enjoyed meeting everyone on the tour. The car performed flawlessly considering where we were a few short months ago. The only issues we had I mentioned earlier and none of it was any big deal. We were remarkably relaxed about the car for the whole trip. We really couldn't be much happier with how the car turned out and how it performed. 3 weeks ago today we started the motor for the first time. Since then we have put almost 3,800 miles on it.

BTW - "So far so good" as mentioned earlier meant "fantastically, deliriously, incredibly well".
                  74 Nova Project
                  66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
                  1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Thanks for the pictures. It was great meeting you guys and seeing the car in person. (finally, after several failed attempts by me)
                    Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• You have taken the term “Victory Lap” to an entirely new level! you all need to check it out in person, it’s a beauty!

That’s a lot of green in those pictures, both in actual color, and in a monetary connotation.

I was hoping to say hi again at the final stop, but it wasn’t meant to be. Long story short... Rolled into Wisconsin Dells with very little traffic, then BAM, sat in traffic for a very, very long time, got near the venue after some complications with the car getting hot. Got to a point where we could pull in to the event, and I was denied access as I didn’t have the proper sticker. He told me to go somewhere, and tun around, then go get a sticker, and come back..... Um, No. I didn’t see any signs anywhere for registration anywhere?! I parked near by on a side road and we all just walked in.
                      That was a bummer. But it seemed the organization there was a bit lacking. I think they underestimated the number of cars attempting to get to that last stop.

Once we got there we had a nice time, the family looked at cars for a while, and then they split off and went down to a pool side tiki bar at the resort and I strolled around a bit more, then joined them.

This was the first weekend road trip with all 4 of us in the car, my daughter is 12 and my son is 8, so they still fit it the back seat. We loaded up for a 3-day, 2-night adventure. All I can say is pony cars are amazingly impractical, and the ones owned by hot rodders are pretty darn loud and finicky to boot. My family is amazingly tolerant, and we had a great time.
                      Last edited by mike343sharpstick; June 14, 2014, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mike343sharpstick View Post
                        You have taken the term 'Victory Lap' to an entirely new level! you all need to check it out in person, it's a beauty!

That’s a lot of green in those pictures, both in actual color, and in a monetary connotation.

I was hoping to say hi again at the final stop, but it wasn't meant to be. Long story short... Rolled into Wisconsin Dells with very little traffic, then BAM, sat in traffic for a very, very long time, got near the venue after some complications with the car getting hot. Got to a point where we could pull in to the event, and I was denied access as I didn't have the proper sticker. He told me to go somewhere, and tun around, then go get a sticker, and come back..... Um, No. I didn't see any signs anywhere for registration anywhere?! I parked near by on a side road and we all just walked in.
                        That was a bummer. But it seemed the organization there was a bit lacking. I think they underestimated the number of cars attempting to get to that last stop.

Once we got there we had a nice time, the family looked at cars for a while, and then they split off and went down to a pool side tiki bar at the resort and I strolled around a bit more, then joined them.

This was the first weekend road trip with all 4 of us in the car, my daughter is 12 and my son is 8, so they still fit it the back seat. We loaded up for a 3-day, 2-night adventure. All I can say is pony cars are amazingly impractical, and the ones owned by hot rodders are pretty darn loud and finicky to boot. My family is amazingly tolerant, and we had a great time.

Thanks Mike. I'm really glad we spotted you at the gas station. Sorry to hear you ran into all the traffic and then could not get in. We were not at the venue very long anyway. Really glad you were able to salvage a good time out of it!
                        Last edited by 74NovaMan; June 14, 2014, 07:49 PM.
                        74 Nova Project
                        66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
                        1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• What did I tell ya?... NO PROBLEMS! .. You guys did GOOD WORK! Didn't jinx ya! Wheeeew!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                            What did I tell ya?... NO PROBLEMS! .. You guys did GOOD WORK! Didn't jinx ya! Wheeeew!
                            Thanks Bob! We had a blast and were very relaxed about the whole trip once we were underway. Sorry about busting your chops so much!
                            74 Nova Project
                            66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
                            1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Excellent build thread, followed up by an excellent Power Tour thread!

You rock (including your partner)!

Comment

• Glad to hear you made it home safe guys!
                                Patrick & Tammy
                                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                                X