Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

74NovaMan's 66 Mustang GT (Dad's first new car)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He will have no problems with it his wife built it for him you guys did notice she was the only one working in the pictures. Just kidding you both did a great job have a lot of fun with her and be safe!
    Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

• Originally posted by yellomalibu View Post

Oh no you didn't!
      Bob, seriously!?
      I've mentioned before that I finished my Javelin hours before the '09 Power tour and did the first 3 stops with a fresh car. For me it was pretty nerve-racking.
      So based on that experience, I suspect every noise and every smell is noticed and amplified in your brain as you are on high-alert driver mode.
      fortunately the situation decreases with miles added

Hope to see you back in Wisconsin next week, have fun and Congratulations!

Comment

• I guess building derby cars IS different than long haul road cars.. .... My car nbr was 13.... And they are always pink... Confront superstition head on and all WILL be FINE!.. be positive! (says the guy who forgot the door chains one year and used a 20' chain with the ends hooked and taped at the doors... The center part bruised my arm and shoulders on impacts ).... Ps.. Hope they have a supersize bottle of TUMS! . I wish them nothing but the best, easy cruising, plenty of throttle, and great mileage! it WILL be trouble free!

Comment

• In true derby fashion bob doubles down and stands his ground, he's going to get you one way or another...

Comment

• Yellomalibu and Mike get it. In my world there are some things you just don't say. All I can and will say at this point regarding the Mustang performance is "so far so good". That is code for something which I may share after the tour "if all goes well".
            Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
            74 Nova Project
            66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
            79 Chevy Truck Project
            1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Statistical specifics:

In 24 hours we have covered 970 miles. Average speed including gas, food and bathroom stops is in excess of 70 mph. MPG is about just north of 15.5. (this is a data point (and has been nice and consistent) not a concern and I'm pretty happy with it.) We are in Knoxville tonight at the same hotel we will be at on tour on Sunday. Planning on Concord/Moresville tomorrow and driving the "Tail of the Dragon"
              74 Nova Project
              66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
              1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Did I ever tell you hate you? I went back looking at most of your posts. I can't believe how much work in a short period of time and then go on the Power Tour. It's not fair, LOL. Have a great time, one day I plan on going.
                Tom
                Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Expecting something bad to happen usually comes true.. Standing up and say it will be ok usually gets you there and back! i'm not superstitious.... I'm the guy who drives 70-80 mph in a 30+ year old flatbed pulling a trailer loaded down in the fast lane, riding bumpers... That truck is hitting 400,000 miles soonish.. If shit happens, it happens, deal with it when it does.. No sense worrying about it! Hope I made you feel better now!

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
                    Did I ever tell you hate you?
                    No. but for some reason it brings a smile to my face to hear you say it!

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                    Expecting something bad to happen usually comes true.. Standing up and say it will be ok usually gets you there and back! i'm not superstitious.... I'm the guy who drives 70-80 mph in a 30+ year old flatbed pulling a trailer loaded down in the fast lane, riding bumpers... That truck is hitting 400,000 miles soonish.. If shit happens, it happens, deal with it when it does.. No sense worrying about it! Hope I made you feel better now!
                    Bob - We don't operate very differently when it comes down to it. It's just that life has a tendency to slap me upside the head when I get cocky about how things are going. I get smacked particularly hard if I am stupid enough to think that things can't get worse.
                    74 Nova Project
                    66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
                    1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• On the drive to Morresville today we drove through the Great Smoky Mountain Park today and did a bit of the Blue Ridge Parkway. We had a scary moment coming down out of the hills when the brakes faded to nearly nothing. We got it stopped and cooled down and brakes are back to normal.

We made it to Morresville at about 2:00 today, checked in to our hotel and went to drop off brats at HotRodHarley's place. We also ran into Patrick, Tammy and Sean (Silver_Bullet and AMeanXtreme). ClassicBern also stopped by but was busy wrenching on an exhaust system so we missed the chance to say hi. We went to dinner at Hooters and ran into 66Fury3.

Looking forward to some Nascar sight seeing, the VA show and the party at Lars' place tomorrow
                      74 Nova Project
                      66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
                      1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post

No. but for some reason it brings a smile to my face to hear you say it!

Bob - We don't operate very differently when it comes down to it. It's just that life has a tendency to slap me upside the head when I get cocky about how things are going. I get smacked particularly hard if I am stupid enough to think that things can't get worse.
                        I think the same way cuz the same thing happens to me too lol. my family tells me that I have to stop that way of thinking, but I am a realist, so that isnt happening.

glad you guys are having a good trip, I know Rustyrodder is floating around Atlanta right now, he is trying to hunt down Frieberger and Finnegan in that 55 chevy. I hope he runs into them.
                        Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

• When you worry about stuff, it happens.. I pretty much always had a "never seen that happen before" take me out.. So I, to calm butterflies, would not worry.. Went out and made sure my pink paint was rubbed on everybody's car! I've heat seized motors, freed them up and went again, blew forwards on trannys and came very close to first with reverse only.. I only hot one overall first, my kids between te boy nd girl have 12-15 first places and the girl has the only Mad Dog (most aggressive) award in the family.. (not all shows give it out)... I as a rule, and my kids too, never brag about who we are gonna take out or that we will win.. Karma is a bitch, you know.. I've had rookies come up to me and say " I'm gonna take you out" ...that is usually me taking them out.. But I do get where you are coming from.. Remember you and Teresa did a wonderful job on that Muffstain of your's! Enjoy it and the trip..I'll cry with you if something bad happens!

Comment

• Did you use a lower gear coming down the hill?
                            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                              I'll cry with you if something bad happens!
                              Thanks Bob. If something does happen we will not cry much. We will figure out a way over around or through whatever is trying to slow us down and we will have a good time doing it. Those things always make for the best stories anyway.

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                              Did you use a lower gear coming down the hill?
                              It is an auto and I may have been running in neutral. I suspect I wont do that again. Thanks for the tip.
                              74 Nova Project
                              66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
                              1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Time to catch up with some pictures

Packed:

Starting Miles

Gas stop

Rockford IL

Gas stop

On the road

Gas Stop

Attached Files
                                Last edited by 74NovaMan; June 7, 2014, 03:14 PM.
                                74 Nova Project
                                66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
                                1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Working...
                                X