No announcement yet.

2003 Silverado 2500HD "TowMater"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have not been on farley's sense i was dumb and traded the diplomat for that 74 K10. i really need to stop by there more often

and now i will never mention the K10
    Click image for larger version

Name:	thetruck7.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	1092476

it had a early 80's 285 v8. large chamber small valve 70's smog heads, "RV cam", torker II single plane intake, and a 750 holley that i replaced with a 500cfm eddy i had sittign around.

made maybe 120hp and used more oil then gas on a good day. had to change plugs every 40 miles do them getting so badly oil fowled

and i traded my perfectly running diplomat with a slightly warmed 318 for that because i wanted a truck
    Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
    Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

I like it
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Just thought you enjoy these pics

Comment

Bryan - Were these done in reverse? As fans of the movie know, 'Mater's "special" skills were in performance operation in reverse.

Dan

Comment

started getting the tank dropped progress was little do to it being 9-* with 89* humidity.

i am to the point where i just need to support the tank and undo the straps and lower it out of there. interestingly enough rust wise truck is not bad as all it;s just the cab and rockers.

also wile i am at it i will finally level the front end by cranking the front torsion bolts

Name:	silverado2.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	1105444

also #### GM's quick connects pain int he balls to disconnect wile on your back sitting in a puddle of your own sweat

the big ass one was the bastard

Name:	silverado1.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	1105445
            Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
            Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Working...
            X