1967 Mercury Cougar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1967 Mercury Cougar

Newbie here, I have a '67 Cougar that I have had for over twenty years. In the last couple of years I've dropped in a hell of lot more horse power( about 700hp with a little Nitrous) 10 point cage and tubbed with a FAB-9 rear w/4:33's, M/T Sportsmen 29x18.5x15 and Wilwood Pro Series rear brake kit. Next in line is to convert the front end over a Mustang II suspension from Heidt's.
    I've come to find that you ether love Cougars or hate them.
    Is there anyone out there with a '67 or '68 Cougar that has been modified? If so, let's here about it.
    I will have pic for you as soon as a friend comes over with a digital camera. I'd rather by car parts than a camera.

Ted S.
    a.k.a. 67Prostreet.

Re: 1967 Mercury Cougar

I have a 68 that is a mild restomod so far. 289/C4 car, we've lowered it a bit, converted to EFI off a 5.0L Mustang, swapped in an old Maverick 302 when the 289 died, put in some front seats out of a 92 XR7 Cougar, added a 427 GT-E hood scoop, Granada front disc brakes, and 18" wheels. Future plans are for a T5 tranny, big disc brakes all around, and a warmed up 302 with Edelbrock heads ... have most of the parts for that, just need to get the little bits and do the labour.

cheers
    Ed N.
    Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
    07 Mustang GT with some stuff
    88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Cougars..always been overlooked.But great lookin and cool in my eyes.. ;)

Photographs of the 1967 Mercury Cougar. XR-7 HardTop Coupe. Zippo U.S. Vintage Grand Prix at Watkins Glen. An image gallery of the 1967 Mercury Cougar.

Comment

I like em.

My brother went to H.S. w/ a guy who street raced a 68, always black primer.

They look cool.

Comment

When I was in the Navy, a buddy of mine had a Cougar that I believe was a '67 with a 351 engine (can't remember if it was a Cleveland or a Windsor, but it was very cool.

I just loved those headlight covers, that made the front grill look like it went all the way across.

Comment

Working...
          X