No announcement yet.

Ethyl Returns as a Ford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And there's still time to dink the paint! (j/k - hope that NEVER happens!)

Dan

Comment

• Kinda of a dilemma, honestly not much interested in driving it anymore because of that very reason. Just leave it in the garage and crank it every Saturday

Comment

• I've always said I should never be allowed to own a Duesenberg 'cause I'll DRIVE it! (not much danger of that happening anyhow) Same with a Ferrari Daytona, the car I most covet. So now you have to decide - store it or drive it? I know what I'd pick.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
          I've always said I should never be allowed to own a Duesenberg 'cause I'll DRIVE it! (not much danger of that happening anyhow) Same with a Ferrari Daytona, the car I most covet. So now you have to decide - store it or drive it? I know what I'd pick.

Dan
          I don't mean any disrespect but for me (IMHO) - if you don't drive it you have wasted your money!

Comment

• I appreciate your sentiments and cannot say I disagree with you. I guess I lived my whole life going to car meets and looking at other people's cars. I always enjoy asking them about the cars and just the feeling I get from talking to someone that has accomplished something nice with their car. It wasn't a lot of fun to have to crawl into the Honda Accord to drive home from the events. If I want to drive the Honda drives smoother, has a better sound system and is frankly much more comfortable. The Honda or the Hot Rod will never give me the thrill of a low 9 second high 150 mph pass. My 2004 GTO was clearly the best thing I had ever done, it wasn't much of a looker but it held its own. The Hot Rod will never be fast, nor even that quick, but the attention to detail is there. In my opinion it is a beautiful car and was done very professionally. I am proud of that. When I pull up to local events in the Hot Rod, people ask me about the GTO or tell me they miss it. I do too.

Comment

• It was an honor to be chosen for the cover of the Factory Five Hot Rod 2019 Calendar. We will also have another shot in May 2019.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hotrod 00 Cover.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	370.7 KB
ID:	1223666
              Last edited by wrp; December 6, 2018, 10:44 PM.

Comment

• So, been playing a lot but recently been thinking a lot about the build. This build has in many ways been a bucket list for me. No, not the car, rather the learning, meeting people, discussion of problems and solutions, sharing ideas, and getting to know people. I mean how cool is it that the first week on this forum one of the members says yea, my brother has a supercharged GTO in Texas. I responded that he must be Joe's brother and it turned out to be so. John was able to come to Plano on a visit and got to drive this hot rod. Many of you helped with suggestions, opinions, and just plain encouragement. Anyhow, I have concluded this was never about the car, it was always about the people.

Name:	Car-Show-Board-People-1.gif
Views:	123
Size:	483.6 KB
ID:	1260015

Comment

• Same here with Mutt the Race Truck! Good buddies, great times, spending too much money!

And your '33 DESERVES the cover! It's a stunning build.

Dan

Comment

• Thanks Dan

Comment

• It IS a sweet ride...

Comment

• Few more pubs

Name:	2020 Car Craft February.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	1260074Click image for larger version

Name:	2020 Car Craft February-2.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	348.7 KB
ID:	1260073Click image for larger version

Name:	2020 Car Craft February-1.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	1260075

Name:	2020 FFR Calender.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	875.2 KB
ID:	1260076Click image for larger version

Name:	2020 FFR Calender-2.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	1260077Click image for larger version

Name:	2020 FFR Calender-1.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	1260078Click image for larger version

Name:	Busted Knuckle Rod and Truck.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	1260079Click image for larger version

Name:	Busted Knuckle Rod and Truck-1.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	1260080Click image for larger version

Name:	Busted Knuckle Rod and Truck-2.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	1260081

Comment

• makes me want to hurry up and do a Factory Five car. Have they talked to you about bringing it to SEMA?
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• I wish, I am just having a blast with it

Comment

• Shout out to Grass Roots Motorsports for including my car in their April 2020 issue.

Name:	Grassroots-3.jpeg
Views:	118
Size:	247.4 KB
ID:	1263841Click image for larger version

Name:	Grassroots-1.jpeg
Views:	117
Size:	175.2 KB
ID:	1263842Click image for larger version

Name:	Grassroots-2.jpeg
Views:	121
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	1263843

Comment

• that's pretty fricken cool (and very much deserved) congratulations!
                                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                                X