SCHWEET !!!

cheers
    Ed N.
    Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
    07 Mustang GT with some stuff
    88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Re: My Drag week project: 63 fairlane 500

Nice ride 8).New wheels lookin good too ;)

Comment

Excellent car - I love those. Sorry to hear about your Dad. I nearly joined him, and at about the same age, so I can relate. University of Michigan pulled me back and here I am, wasting space on the planet for a while longer. Enjoy the car and the memories.

Dan

Comment

Thank you Dan, the car is in good shape for a 45 year old Michigan car but is not as clean as it seems in the pictures. Its about time to go through the body and has many scars from being a dragcar/streetmachine for over 40 years. But it has a lot character and I am happy and proud to drive it evan if it has some ruff edges
          and some things witch are out of style (edelbrock elite valve covers, ford motor painted red ect.)

Comment

Nice example of 60's Ford, great bodystyle.

Comment

Shawn the pics are awesome, If you need a hand call me I'll wrench for food! lol

Comment

It will be a week or two before I can do any more have to get ball joints before I can do brakes and I have leave for a work for a week and a half.

Comment

Good luck on Drag Week see you there
                  2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                  First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                  2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                  2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Thunderbird - where in Michigan do you live?

That car ROCKS!

I already have one of those on my list, and I haven't even started the mach1 project yet!

Good luck on drag week - one of these years I'll make it.
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I live in Traverse City my work is based out of Traverse City and I am looking for a house up here, however I work mostly out of state (West Virginia, Virginia, New York, and Pensivania) and my cars are in Bay City 2hours south (at my moms house) my place up here at the moment (apartment) has no garage.

Comment

Been there! - I did alot of work on my first and second mustangs while home weekends from college or my first job commuting back to my parents where the garage and tools were on the weekends. First house had a barn but it was intended for livestock - no concrete floor - so it was only good for storage - and not that good at that. Finally got a place with pole barn a few years ago -- amazing how quick you can fill a place up with stuff! I'm sure you'll get there before you know it.

Good luck with it!

That's a sweet ride.

There's lots of hot roders / welders / fabricators in the bay city / midland / saginaw area -- my brother in law is one of the best welders I've ever met - he runs a small shop in Midland.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
                          Been there! - I did alot of work on my first and second mustangs while home weekends from college or my first job commuting back to my parents where the garage and tools were on the weekends. First house had a barn but it was intended for livestock - no concrete floor - so it was only good for storage - and not that good at that. Finally got a place with pole barn a few years ago -- amazing how quick you can fill a place up with stuff! I'm sure you'll get there before you know it.

Good luck with it!

That's a sweet ride.

There's lots of hot roders / welders / fabricators in the bay city / midland / saginaw area -- my brother in law is one of the best welders I've ever met - he runs a small shop in Midland.
                          Where are you located milner, I live in Bay City and work in Saginaw. I work in a machine/ fab shop.
                          Sorry Shawn didn't meen to get off track. I'll get back to work on the bird now, don't beat me. lol

Comment

Have not been home or seen my car in 20 days or so and am getting woried about being ready for drag week. I am now registered and have the time off sceduled. Looks like I will have to farm out some work. Hard to work on a car from 700 mile away in a hotel room. I did order 650 hp street and some other stuff

Any one else have to pay to get stuff done they would rather do themselves?

Comment

I've rarely paid folks to work on my cars - but I have done it.

I was starting my first "real" job and didn't have my tools moved, and the front end of my old '88 F150 was falling apart --- $550 later I'd paid a "respectable local shop" to replace all the front wheel bearings, seals, machine rotors, replace pads, and I think they put in a new ball joint or tie rod or two....

I knew I could have done it myself for about $100 in parts (at the time) - but I just didn't have the equipment or space.

Having someone else do work on a project car would be tricky -hopefully you know someone well you can count on....

Comment

Well it now looks like I may get to go home this weekend and get to do some quality wrenchin. And I tracked down a wiper motor! The Fairlane will have working wipers for the first time since like 1995, Dad always just used raina x (never stoped us from taking the car anyware) I am not as hard core.

Comment

Working...
                                X