My Drag week project: 63 fairlane 500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Drag week project: 63 fairlane 500

Well just gave up on all my retro idea's in the name of speed, Added some AFR heads and went as smooth as always. Had header leak problems and snaped a tap off in the valve cover rail and spent 4 strait 16 hour days in the garage swaring. Now I broke a front brake line, but took it as a chance to add disc brakes and a daul master cylinder (high tech stuff almost into 70's tech) kinda went way too new just ordered some billet specialtys street lights and M/T drag radials. So I am adding point as I go!

Re: My Drag week project: 63 fairlane 500

cool, very cool. keep at it eventually it will come together. chaz

Comment

Sounds great. How bout some pics.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

One of the little Fairlanes has started parking itself in front of a local mattress store - I should stop in and see about it. Turquoise and white, twin tailpipes w/chrome tips (not normally a fan, but it looks right on this one), and some aftermarket wheels. I'm guessing it was repainted at some point, and is likely fairly stock. My recollection is that it's a '63 (pointy little fins, not the rounded off ones like the '64) and I'd be proud to own it - I always liked 'em. Have fun with yours.

Dan

Comment

Pics, THUNDERBIRD86, pics !!!

Comment

Here are some pics they are kinda crapy, will have some good ones soon. I will try to get some old pics up to, not to go on to long but this is how me and the 63 got to this point. The car was bought new here in bay city MI. in 63, 1967 it was sold to its second owner who with its 260 and factory 4 speed found it fit well in lower stock classes (way down like O) and later in I with a 289. Then around the mid 70's a blown motor and a local track closing let the car sit till 1983 when my dad was talking to a co worker about drag racing and saw a pics of the 63 running I/S against my dad and his friend's I/SA full size mercury. Dad then painted the owners dodge truck and took possession of the car I was 2. The car has changed many times two motors 3 interiors 4 paint jobs 3 sets of wheels. I am 26 now and Dad very suddenly passed from a heart problem in may at 58 the car now has a lot of meaning and memories, I hope to update and enjoy it.

Comment

here they are

Comment

Very nice, clean, great color...and the RWL tires...bitchin'

Comment

Thanks for sharing the pictures.
                  Sweet looking car, a great starting point with many memories already.
                  Keep us posted with updated pics.

Comment

Hope to put on the street lights and drag radials today, and get pic. Found I have a intake leak so that has to come off again. Got the headers leak fixed and only took 7 hours, this car has always fought me and will contiun to.

Comment

Nothing good ever comes easy, otherwise, everyone would have one !!

Comment

Nice Fairlane.....Keep at it...

Seth
                        200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Originally posted by THUNDERBIRD86
                          Here are some pics they are kinda crapy, will have some good ones soon. I will try to get some old pics up to, not to go on to long but this is how me and the 63 got to this point. The car was bought new here in bay city MI. in 63, 1967 it was sold to its second owner who with its 260 and factory 4 speed found it fit well in lower stock classes (way down like O) and later in I with a 289. Then around the mid 70's a blown motor and a local track closing let the car sit till 1983 when my dad was talking to a co worker about drag racing and saw a pics of the 63 running I/S against my dad and his friend's I/SA full size mercury. Dad then painted the owners dodge truck and took possession of the car I was 2. The car has changed many times two motors 3 interiors 4 paint jobs 3 sets of wheels. I am 26 now and Dad very suddenly passed from a heart problem in may at 58 the car now has a lot of meaning and memories, I hope to update and enjoy it.
                          VERY COOL STORY !!!
                          I love hearing stories like that about cars that people own.

Thanks for sharing, the story and the pics.

My 63 Fairlane has fought me a LOT, on several things, and I normally dont have to fight with anything (on other cars in the past).
                          I look forward to meeting you at Drag Week.

Comment

Here from tis one he front that shows the tow bar mounts, had a freind say I should cut them off and said never
                            Here is one with the new wheels and tires just got them today (too much of a shadow will get a better pic)

interior in better light

Comment

WOW !!!

Way better pics!
                              The car looks REALLY clean.
                              That thing looks awesome with those wheels!
                              Dont touch the tow hooks (they go with the story, very cool)
                              Leave the license plate too.

Comment

Working...
                              X