My Drag week project: 63 fairlane 500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Drag week project: 63 fairlane 500

Rain X will work - the wipers on the '54 are vacuum and pretty useless.

Rain X got us through the rain soaked leg of the power tour with the stop at Eaton's proving grounds last year (the only part of any tour I've ever been on)

Unfortunately the kenwood mp3 deck in the glove box did not make it through that rain storm - the windshield leaked and sent water into the glvoe box where it proceeded to cook the circuit board of the kenwood.... it probably had 3 hours of play time!
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Well just went back to work after a few days with the car, here is a new one finaly got to drive it with the new brakes, heads, intake, carb. With the car back together I took it in for a alinment, drove very poor on the 3 mile to the shop could not go over 25. After 3 hours the car was ready, drove awsome in the lot, then when I turned onto the main and gave it some throttle (like a idiot) every thing in the front end moved! Very scary moment took 2 1/2 lanes to gather it up and get back strait. Took the car to a very good front end shop from there and found that "bolt right in" disc brake kit had bigger holes for the ball joints and tie rods. I know have another set of new ball joints and tie rod ends on the way, after talking to the company brake tech solutions the spindle are repops of 70 mustang and they did not know about the different ball joint size. Sould have checked more carefully. Still have not beat on the car with the new stuff and it has a few problems I think I will replace the ignition box next. It runs very ruf with any thing over 21 degrees total timming and will not rev over 5300

Comment

Sounds like you are on your way....Let me know if you ever need help...I only live an hour south of Bay City.

Seth
        200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Cool Car!!

My family had a Brand New Fairlane 500 back in 1963, it's was the 1st car I learned how to do tune-ups & oil changes on...

RickSSR 8)

Comment

Working...
          X