Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Glad you are back! Yes that is a common problem...

Leave a comment:

• 68scott385
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 68scott385
    replied
    AHhhh, it's summer, the weather is nice, driven the wagon a few times and enjoy it. There is just one small problem that is starting to concern me. When not in traffic the tach hangs out at roughly 2000rpm and the speedometer won't read less that 70. This is happening on ground roads as I haven't taken it on the freeway yet. Does anyone else have this problem with their car(s)?

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Boat races!

Leave a comment:

• 68scott385
    replied
    If it ever quits raining I plan to find out how quick. Note on the local track's website "closed due to flooding." It happens every time the river comes up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ohio Valley flooded.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	1015858

This is from a couple years ago but you get the idea.

Leave a comment:

• Stewzer55
    replied
    Awesome! I love the way my wagon drives too, something tells me yours is faster.

Leave a comment:

• 68scott385
    replied
    The pig is home again and I tried repeatedly to break it on the way....it didn't break. I love the way this car drives. I need to get the floors in the Monte Carlo SO friggin' bad. That car handles like it's on rails. I modified its suspension before tubular arms were made.

Now I can focus on the new engine build for this.

Leave a comment:

• 68scott385
    replied
    Some pictures or the billet shafted forward clutch drum.

Name:	7064.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	1002202

Name:	7066.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	1002203

Name:	7077.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	1002204

Name:	7078.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	1002205

Name:	7079.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	1002206

Leave a comment:

• 68scott385
    replied
    I tried to order one from PATC, that's where the screen capture/picture is from. They called the next day to inform me that they can't get them. Apparently they just list the part and it gets drop-shipped from the manufacturer. After discussing this with my trans guy he said he'd do some research. I contacted at least one other place trying to find the part but they haven't replied yet, maybe they can't/don't sell it individually either. A week later I get a call from my trans guy saying it's on the truck. Maybe it will be drivable this year.

Leave a comment:

• 68scott385
    replied
    I got a call this morning from my trans guy, one of these is on the truck. What can brown do for you?

Name:	200-4r billet input hub-drum.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	1002085

Last edited by 68scott385; January 22, 2015, 07:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 68scott385
    replied
    Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post
    Why is it companies advertise a specialized part for something and when someone orders said part the company says they can't get it. WTF? Why would someone advertise something they can't get. Do they think they'll get any of my future business....I'm not even going to type in the emoticons because you know I ain't laughing right now. The answer is OFN if you didn't see the steam coming out of my ears.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1000568[/ATTACH]
    Not worth the frustration to type it twice and relive the agony/anger.

Leave a comment:

• 68scott385
    replied
    HBD ± 10 days....Just ordered the billet input clutch drum. Vehicle registration, AAA renewal, house insurance, tires for the truck, billet input clutch drum for the Turd(le),..hemorrhaging money this month.

Leave a comment:

• 68scott385
    replied
    I don't see how the warranty can run out when it hasn't left the shop for more than a week. It's all documented.

Leave a comment:

• redneckjoe69
    replied
    they're just waiting for that warranty to run out, IMO.

dang, i hope you get it fixed correctly this time. sux that they cant make it reliable and they're "pro's". wtf?

Leave a comment:

• 68scott385
    replied
    The car has been at the trans shop for two months now. It's "that" time of year again and I had to visit to get the registration out of the car so it could be renewed. To my joy, the transmission is out of the car but they haven't had time to get it on a bench and pull it apart. Normally I like to get kissed by pretty girls when I get jerked around.

Might have someone interested in the stall converter that is now sitting dormant. That would be nice.

On a side note, I've started buying my own transmission tools so this doesn't happen again.

With all the bitter-frigid temperatures we've had lately, I'm happy to see it has warranted an inside storage spot at the transmission shop. Otherwise, I might need to adjust its anti-freeze-water mixture.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X