X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 68scott385
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    ah, the beautiful view of a pennzoil motor....
    Not necessarily. I've had good results from Pennzoil for 30 years. I also change my oil regularly.
    Last edited by 68scott385; September 13, 2013, 10:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 68scott385
    replied
    During the search for an intake I came across a screaming deal on a Grand National 200-4r transmission rebuilt to hold 600hp. It cam with 2700+/- stall torque converter and a warranty that starts when the transmission is installed.

The car has a 200-4r in it now and I decided to keep it that way because with the dual-pattern bell housing I can use the 455 Olds motor or convert to a Chevy engine.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 68scott385; May 28, 2014, 01:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    ah, the beautiful view of a pennzoil motor....

Leave a comment:

• 68scott385
    replied
    After some research I found a factory intake at a local core exchange. They had several to choose from and for $42 I was a happy camper. Comparison of bad & better coolant ports.

Attached Files
    Last edited by 68scott385; May 28, 2014, 01:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 68scott385
    replied
    No one makes an intake for Oldsmobile 7A heads. The late model 7A heads incorporate swirl port technology to go along with the roller cam. The 5A heads used on earlier 307s had larger rectangular ports where the 7A heads have a square port. The gasket is the same for either. Edelbrock makes an intake for the older rectangular port heads. In the picture you can see the size of the port opening in the gasket compared to the port in the head.

Attached Files
    Last edited by 68scott385; May 28, 2014, 01:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 68scott385
    replied
    So the radio install is done and I go to move the car and notice a puddle of anti-freeze in the driveway.

When I pulled the intake this is what I found.

Twenty-five years with iron heads and anti-freeze and the intake called it quits.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 68scott385; May 28, 2014, 01:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 68scott385
    replied
    Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post

I've just got to 12/12 so far. Other events creep up that affect my directive decisions.
    I'll start the 2013 part of the story by saying it ran pretty good in the early part of the year, February-April, and I could see more time behind the wheel so I figured the investment in a stereo was in order. This was just a $100 Wal-Mart cheapy Kenwood single DIN, nothing special.
    Last edited by 68scott385; September 13, 2013, 09:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post
    Okay, now I understand your shorthand.

Thanks

Um, it's not really a clean shop, it's so small it has to stay organized or there is no place to work. Occasionally the HOA gets their knickers in a knot over projects & where they sit. Apparently mine are worse than others who have theirs all over the front yard. So the MC sleeps in the garage and the wagon gets the patio. If I had a place like SBG I'd spread out my workspace too. Nothing like having enough room to work.
    HOAs are no worries to me (that's an area of law where I practice).... however, my wife would have things to say if I spread the crap out... and as a wise king once said "it's better to live on the corner of a roof than with a contemptuous woman."
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 11, 2013, 02:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Holmes
    replied
    Clean shop....Bahhhhhh.

Leave a comment:

• 68scott385
    replied
    Okay, now I understand your shorthand.

Thanks

Um, it's not really a clean shop, it's so small it has to stay organized or there is no place to work. Occasionally the HOA gets their knickers in a knot over projects & where they sit. Apparently mine are worse than others who have theirs all over the front yard. So the MC sleeps in the garage and the wagon gets the patio. If I had a place like SBG I'd spread out my workspace too. Nothing like having enough room to work.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Cadillac just released their twin turbo V6. THERE is a Sign!

Last edited by Beagle; September 11, 2013, 06:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    thanks for the backup beags

See what happens when you compliment someone? they get all up in your bidness... being all persnickety about spelling is a sign too....
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 11, 2013, 06:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    probably OTOH ... on the other hand. SBG has automotive a.d.d. so his shop shows it. I saw the same thing - Clean Shop! Mine is a pig stye and I hate it when it is, but it always gets that way. I'm about to have to have shop day.

You know how it can get sometimes. You can find 37 Phillips and what you need is the 16" long Flat, but it's nowhere to be found. Next week, there's not a Phillips in site and bam, there's that flat head.
    Last edited by Beagle; September 11, 2013, 06:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 68scott385
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    I'm officially less worried.... nice projects

though a clean shop, OTH, is a sign too

over the hill

over the hump

off the hook

on the hook

one tree hill?

on the head

My urban dictionary wasn't very specific.
    Last edited by 68scott385; September 11, 2013, 05:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    I'm officially less worried.... nice projects

though a clean shop, OTH, is a sign too

Leave a comment:

Working...
X