No announcement yet.

84 Mustang GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinking out loud here, but a 347 with a relatively mild cam and 9:1 - 9.5:1 or so probably won't be all that "doggy" out of boost .. a 350 horse 347 can be done with a pretty mild setup that should be very streetable. Add 14-15 pounds of boost or so and assuming everything was sized right for 350 horse, it's got potential to be a 700 hp animal.

what kind of intake manifolds are you looking at?
    Last edited by Beagle; April 10, 2015, 09:32 AM.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• I am considering a Edelbrock performer II or maybe and EFI Spider type intake. Am heavily leaning toward a carb style intake like the EFI spider or the one of edelbrocks offerings. I believe they have a victor series with efi bungs already in it.

I am thinking I want to pass through the intercooler and comeback up the driverside and in. The turbo will be on the passenger side.

I also know the performer can be turned around to come out that side but I am not sure about interference with charge pipes and brake booster and such. I think they look cleaner with the pipes more spread out.

I am looking around 9:1 compression with the current pistons that are in the block and most 58 and 62 cc heads. The Darts are currently a 62 cc chamber. I guess I could fix that if I needed to. I don't think it will make alot of difference.
      Last edited by JWS4621; April 10, 2015, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• Went to the track this weekend with James (BBR) and his son Judd. They are doing a roll racing thing before actually starting the test and tune, so I decided to try my hand at roll racing. I am ok at it but you start out at 30 mph which is almost the top of 1st for me, and to low in second but it was fun. Highlight of the night was when I got lined up against a turbo Lamborghini. I was fortunate enough to have BBR videoing in the stands and here it is.

I got beat badly but it was fun.

Comment

• Private video?

Sorry, had to go to youtube to watch
          Last edited by nesabo; June 8, 2015, 08:10 AM.
          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

• Whooops Fixed now.

Comment

• I got some shopping done this weekend for my new build. Still a really long ways to go but gotta start somewhere.

I finally got the money together to pick up my Dart Sportsman 347, fully forged rotating assembly. Has a bunch of passes on it but not alot of street miles on it. I am going to replace the rings and bearings. Very excited to have it at the house, wish I was closer but this was a big step.

Also while I was there I was able to score some heads, actually the heads that were run on this motor before.

Along with a new timing cover a romac aluminum balancer a MSD crank trigger system and some new valve covers.

So it will be awhile before I can update again I am broke now.

Comment

• Probably a good idea to pop for some new valve springs, too. You KNOW how they are!

Dan

Comment

• (Jealous)

should save you the embarrassment of 1000 feet of block parts and oil with a boosted 302...

Comment

• I certainly hope so. It looks so much stronger than a stock 302 block. There is lots of little things going on that are beefed up. I am still in the part collection phase but I really really really want to put this thing together.

Comment

• Oh and I am sure the guy that I have make my cam will insist on a valve spring change, I will probably end up with another set of LS style springs, but they seem to be doing great on the current motor. I like the cam so much in my current motor that I am planning on having the same guy grind one for this motor once things are closer to being set in stone with the build.

Comment

• I need to decide on a set of rings and bearings. Any suggestions?

Comment

• I'd suggest NEW. haha. Sorry, couldn't help it.

I've had no problems with King Alecular but it's not making a bazillion HP or have anything hammering the dogshit out of it (nitrous or lean or lean turbo or ping or whatnot)

The Rings conversation ought to be interesting to watch. I'm pretty plain on this, but everyone seems to have a magic HP making ring... Hastings keep oil out of the combustion chamber and combustion out of the oil, but I'd be tempted to go with Speed Pro Plasma Moly the next time I buy them.

The moderner junk uses thinner low tension rings. I'd be curious about that and a vacuum pump as well, as I have no doubt that is worth a few numbers. On the forged TRW stuff, I haven't checked to see what, if any, low tension ring packs are available.

Comment

• I was suggested these at some point I don't remember who when I first started trying to save up the money for this motor. Anyone have any experience or opinions on these?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sl...0-35/overview/

Ok never mind they are not suggested for street cars upon further review.
                            Last edited by JWS4621; June 24, 2015, 09:22 AM.

Comment

• I haven't updated in forever.
                              September of last year I put a new clutch in my car due to slipping. Then took it out on a test run and it started getting hot. Turned out to be headgaskets or some other gasket I replaced getting there.

Took it to buick vs ford and it ran a 12.89 I think with absolutely no testing time. Put it back together started it and filled it up with water loaded it on the trailer went to Thunder valley.

It has sat in my garage since under a car cover. I was tired of working on it and it had gotten draining. I quit smoking last year which may have something to do with it.

Yesterday I decided to get it out and drive it around a bit. Man I have missed this car and didn't even realize it.

So we will see what this year holds for my Mustang.

Comment

• Originally posted by JWS4621 View Post
                                I haven't updated in forever.
                                September of last year I put a new clutch in my car due to slipping. Then took it out on a test run and it started getting hot. Turned out to be headgaskets or some other gasket I replaced getting there.

Took it to buick vs ford and it ran a 12.89 I think with absolutely no testing time. Put it back together started it and filled it up with water loaded it on the trailer went to Thunder valley.

It has sat in my garage since under a car cover. I was tired of working on it and it had gotten draining. I quit smoking last year which may have something to do with it.

Yesterday I decided to get it out and drive it around a bit. Man I have missed this car and didn't even realize it.

So we will see what this year holds for my Mustang.

CLEAN! Car has come a long way and is still going. Great job on the build thus far.
                                CHECK US OUT AT:
                                www.ridetech.com

Comment

Working...
                                X