84 Mustang GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 84 Mustang GT

I have been lurking here forever then signed up and still kind of lurked posting occasionally. Well I am finally doing some major upgrades to my car so I decided I would start my own build thread.

But decided I would start at the beginning.

This is where I started in April of 2012

Pictures do not do the interior justice

I needed to fix some wiring and some other stuff in there

on the way home today
    My 95 F150 with 195,000 did great. On top of that has the 300-6

Last edited by JWS4621; November 6, 2013, 02:19 PM.

Then I went on to start actually working on it. Rebuilt the 4180c carb and fixed a few things, cleaned it up and put some wheels I had on it. Then drove it to work. I work with bbr. These are the first pictures of it outside of my neighborhood about a month later.

Comment

I'm getting Deja-Vu.............

Have I read this somewhere before?

Why do I feel the sudden need to compliment you on your trailer?

Welcome to the Monkey House, and keep those pictures coming. Nice 4-eye!
      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I didn't realize I posted those pictures on here before oops..

I redid the wiring under the hood and replaced the rc car wheels with pony wheels.

Going to the track to watch I broke something in the clutch cable didn't know what it was at the time so ordered all of this.

Then decided I hated having all the emissions stuff and all that crap that may or may not work at any given time so I got a great deal on a Edelbrock performer and 600 cfm carb

Then while i was pulling it all apart I found a great surprise. I was told by the previous owner that it had a new motor put into it I really didn't know whether to believe him or not but I really liked the car.

I found this it a roller motor!

pardon the mess.

So this it what it looks like now. I found some major wiring problems so I had to take part of the engine wiring harness apart and replace it. I hadn't completly arranged the wires in this pic.

Next I was attempting to get to the clutch cable and quadrant and found this under the dash. I really would like to shoot people that cannot wire and make things look nice and work.

So more wiring for me. I got it all fixed this is what came out.

I got all of the clutch quadrant out and new stuff in. I have to say it was not near as hard as people make it out to be. I was expecting it to be a 5 or so hour job. I got it done in probably an hour or so.

an alarm and such looked like a super nice alarm with backup battery and all. Didn't have a remote so I just took it out and fixed the splices.

Now I could get to the clutch quadrant. Here was my problem broke the clutch cable or mostly.

Here it what it looked like out.

Comment

Traded for some drag wheels. As time has progressed I have discovered that the back tires are too tall for my setup. Gotta get new ones but here it what they look like.

Comment

When I was getting things together thinking I would be going to the track I went to do a test drive.
            Was driving rather slow at the time thankfully and really close to the house stepped on the brakes and the back brakes locked up and nothing from the front. So I carefully drove it home. Good time to upgrade the brakes to the 87-93 style. Which turned into replacing pretty much everything under the frontend. At this point the only thing original is a handful of bolts and the K member.

Stops sooooo much better now. Braided brake lines newer struts out of a 93 that actually don't fall all the way down when unbolted, 93 steering rack, new bushings and ball joints. Don't mind the dust cover I replaced it, I got a little overzealous with the hammer.

After that I decided to drive it a bit and then put a new headliner in it instead of driving around with the glue from the old one on the board getting all over the place.
            Went to JoAnn Fabrics and got some vinyl.

I couldn't believe how well it matched my plastic.

Comment

Took it to Ford VS Buick didn't do to bad at least I wasn't the slowest person there. 15.11 at 89.90 mph. Fastest pass for it so far.

Comment

Today I got the start of the new build and hopefully the most expensive piece.

AFR 165 heads

Not my picture.

Very excited about these. Now I am doing research to find the best parts to compliment these with a stock short block.
                Last edited by JWS4621; November 6, 2013, 02:40 PM.

Comment

That car has come A LONG way. Can't wait to spend some more of your money... err uhhh... I mean, see how this project turns out!!
                  Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                  1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                  1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                  1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                  1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                  1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

And it begins...

Welcome.
                    I'm still learning

Comment

another Four Eye! Excellent. Welcome aboard. I think you will like what those heads do for it.
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I like to see these get re worked. I have walked right up to them at 5 years old and 1000 bucks in the window. That was a million in the 80s. Gathering dust.. painful to witness. Your locale must be keeping a good body, there is some common welds to get after if to go big air fuel. I am not in the fairy tale section of building things, sometimes I am an outright asshole... stay alive, have fun. That car was on my list for years, pre-87. They kept it real slow for a reason.
                        Previously boxer3main
                        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

BBR the head enabler. He has spent a lot of my money on my car. Been a great help to me. Can't wait to get all the pieces together so I can build it and race it.

Comment

Naw, I was just razzing ya.......I believe I saw them on James' sight?
                            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                              Naw, I was just razzing ya.......I believe I saw them on James' sight?
                              You can see what James sees??

Comment

Working...
                              X