Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleeper 6
    replied
    Ok like I said I got this in 2006. Here are pics of it then. Had an 8.8 Thunderbird IRS in it. Buick V6 Turbo .
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    He tricked me, too. I thought he was asking for input on what to do with a stocker. What do I know.....

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Originally posted by Sleeper 6 View Post
    ummm you do realize this is a V6 Turbo motor right ?? As far as "build a bulletproof bottom end"... NOTHING is bulletproof . If the tune up is off KABOOM !! Had had these V6 Turbo's since 1986. They do take a beating! ;-)
    He may not have seen the "now" pictures. I kind of connected the dots but you know how it is at BANGshift! If there's no photographic evidence, it doesn't exist.

oh wait, I'm an idiot.

DOH. I was thinking of the pic you posted in another thread with the FAT rear tires on it. Almost sleepy, but I'd have to think to myself "Why does it need those fat DR's"...
    Last edited by Beagle; November 13, 2013, 08:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sleeper 6
    replied
    Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
    thought about it a little... build a bulletproof bottom end, possibly ZZP aluminum heads, all while you drive the snot out of it!
    ummm you do realize this is a V6 Turbo motor right ?? As far as "build a bulletproof bottom end"... NOTHING is bulletproof . If the tune up is off KABOOM !! Had had these V6 Turbo's since 1986. They do take a beating! ;-)

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    thought about it a little... build a bulletproof bottom end, possibly ZZP aluminum heads, all while you drive the snot out of it!

Leave a comment:

• Sleeper 6
    replied
    Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
    That is slick! I can't wait to see more.

Ill get some pics together.. REALLY !!!

Leave a comment:

• Huskinhano
    replied
    That is slick! I can't wait to see more.

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Cool. I'm trying to get a baseline on what to get for my straight six engine.

Leave a comment:

• Sleeper 6
    replied
    Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
    I bet that car is a kick in the pants. What size turbo? Any internal engine work?
    Has a PTE 67 turbo. Mild heads. Stock short block ( ya its a GRENADE waiting for the pin to be pulled.) The new motor is a stock block and steel heads with a girdle. Crank , rods and pistons will be a lot better than the stock stuff. Stock stuff can take a beating though. My daughter has a GN with a stock bottom end with a girdle on it. Ported stock iron heads. She ran 9.9s @ 138 in street trim. 3660# car. Mazda is more than wild !! Should go mid 9s @ high 140s anyway.
    Has a bar in it now but need the halo to be legal for sub 9 runs. Also to protect my head. Doin the rear end over to.
    Car is a handful being that it has a short wheelbase. Gave a lot of hell rides this summer. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    I bet that car is a kick in the pants. What size turbo? Any internal engine work?

Leave a comment:

• Sleeper 6
    replied
    Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
    I'm liking this! Manual or auto trans?
    200R4 trans with an 8.8 Mustang rear end. I have had all sorts of performance cars over the years but this one has been the most fun car so far.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    I'm liking this! Manual or auto trans?

Leave a comment:

• Sleeper 6
    replied
    well we were into the Buick Turbo pretty heavy. ya we used a Turbo V6 !! Ill post some pics of the build tomorrow. Here is the eng bay ;-)
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• fast Ed
    replied
    Grand National 3.8 swap?? ;-)

cheers
    Ed

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    They swallow a SBF really nicely. Either trans (AOD/AODE or 5 speed) is supposed to fit nicely.

My SIL replaced the engine in hers a couple of years ago with a crate rotary and it's running great. They've put a fair amount of money into it (paint, interior, top, trans rebuild) but it's a solid CA car and they really love it now that it's all sorted.

Dan
    Last edited by DanStokes; November 10, 2013, 05:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X