88 RX7.. What to do ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sleeper 6 View Post
    ummm you do realize this is a V6 Turbo motor right ?? As far as "build a bulletproof bottom end"... NOTHING is bulletproof . If the tune up is off KABOOM !! Had had these V6 Turbo's since 1986. They do take a beating! ;-)
    He may not have seen the "now" pictures. I kind of connected the dots but you know how it is at BANGshift! If there's no photographic evidence, it doesn't exist.

oh wait, I'm an idiot.

DOH. I was thinking of the pic you posted in another thread with the FAT rear tires on it. Almost sleepy, but I'd have to think to myself "Why does it need those fat DR's"...
    Last edited by Beagle; November 13, 2013, 08:54 AM.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

He tricked me, too. I thought he was asking for input on what to do with a stocker. What do I know.....

Dan

Comment

Ok like I said I got this in 2006. Here are pics of it then. Had an 8.8 Thunderbird IRS in it. Buick V6 Turbo .
        Attached Files

Comment

Damm... Forgot about this. Back when I bought it it had a BAD vibration. Chased it down to a new unbalanced driveshaft. It still had a little vibration . Lookin the car over I decided to take it apart an redo some "stuff". Being old I just didn't trust the independent rear end. Rad location, Exhaust, roll bar... Damm the list was growing fast.
          So took the rear end out an made a subframe to take a 8.8 Mustang rear end along with a roll bar for 10s.
          Attached Files

Comment

More pics..
            Attached Files

Comment

How did you determine where to put the control arm mounts for the 8.8?
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                How did you determine where to put the control arm mounts for the 8.8?
                Just put the rear end up an eyeballed it then welded it up.

Seriously one of my friends is a chassis guy. He did the subframe and roll bar. I am to old at this point to do this stuff anymore ;-)

Comment

Rear up in place.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Dennys Driveshaft with 1350 joints. 3" mandrel bent custom exhaust.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Rear end all set with the exhaust.
                      Attached Files

Comment

M&H Drag Radials on 300 ZX Turbo rims. When we do the rear end over soon we are taking a 1/2" off each side. (winter project)
                        Attached Files

Comment

Wow !! 3 years !! Haven't been here for a while. Life takes its twists an turns !! Still have the car. Finally have it ready for the drags. Goin next wed. Car also has a new "brother".

Comment

Nice..
                            Previously boxer3main
                            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Zoom zoom!

Comment

Can't wait to hear how it does at the track! Let's hear about the AC
                                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                                ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X