88 RX7.. What to do ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88 RX7.. What to do ??

Bought this car back in 2006 .. Friend of mine did a lot of work on it. Bought a lot of the parts he used on it from me. SOOOO I was just buying my old parts back. Then decided to do a few upgrades. Finally got it running last summer. This is goin to be my last built car. Just don't have the time anymore being retired .
    Attached Files

Nice herd of Buicks.

Grandpa always said he didn't know how he ever found time to go to work after he retired.

I've always had a soft spot for swapped RX7s, especially the earlier body style. What has been done to this one?
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

It's 5 lug car to boot.., drive it til the apex seals go & build a 13b turbo motor for it.

Comment

They swallow a SBF really nicely. Either trans (AOD/AODE or 5 speed) is supposed to fit nicely.

My SIL replaced the engine in hers a couple of years ago with a crate rotary and it's running great. They've put a fair amount of money into it (paint, interior, top, trans rebuild) but it's a solid CA car and they really love it now that it's all sorted.

Dan
        Last edited by DanStokes; November 10, 2013, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Grand National 3.8 swap?? ;-)

cheers
          Ed
          Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
          07 Mustang GT with some stuff
          88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

well we were into the Buick Turbo pretty heavy. ya we used a Turbo V6 !! Ill post some pics of the build tomorrow. Here is the eng bay ;-)
            Attached Files

Comment

I'm liking this! Manual or auto trans?
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                I'm liking this! Manual or auto trans?
                200R4 trans with an 8.8 Mustang rear end. I have had all sorts of performance cars over the years but this one has been the most fun car so far.

Comment

I bet that car is a kick in the pants. What size turbo? Any internal engine work?
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                    I bet that car is a kick in the pants. What size turbo? Any internal engine work?
                    Has a PTE 67 turbo. Mild heads. Stock short block ( ya its a GRENADE waiting for the pin to be pulled.) The new motor is a stock block and steel heads with a girdle. Crank , rods and pistons will be a lot better than the stock stuff. Stock stuff can take a beating though. My daughter has a GN with a stock bottom end with a girdle on it. Ported stock iron heads. She ran 9.9s @ 138 in street trim. 3660# car. Mazda is more than wild !! Should go mid 9s @ high 140s anyway.
                    Has a bar in it now but need the halo to be legal for sub 9 runs. Also to protect my head. Doin the rear end over to.
                    Car is a handful being that it has a short wheelbase. Gave a lot of hell rides this summer. ;-)

Comment

Cool. I'm trying to get a baseline on what to get for my straight six engine.
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

That is slick! I can't wait to see more.
                        Tom
                        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
                          That is slick! I can't wait to see more.

Ill get some pics together.. REALLY !!!

Comment

thought about it a little... build a bulletproof bottom end, possibly ZZP aluminum heads, all while you drive the snot out of it!
                            Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                              thought about it a little... build a bulletproof bottom end, possibly ZZP aluminum heads, all while you drive the snot out of it!
                              ummm you do realize this is a V6 Turbo motor right ?? As far as "build a bulletproof bottom end"... NOTHING is bulletproof . If the tune up is off KABOOM !! Had had these V6 Turbo's since 1986. They do take a beating! ;-)

Comment

Working...
                              X