Clear All

• Russell
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	planii.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	1098239

The only thing better than a chart is graph!

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I love spread sheets lifetime average 10.72 @ 122!
    Last edited by Russell; April 19, 2016, 09:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied

the spreadsheet for the time slips.

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    I set the toe to 1/8" in. It didn't take much adjusting.

I'm considering taking the car into the alignment shop, and have them measure everything, and possibly set the toe more accurately than I can. I'm kind of wondering if there's any tracking issues, with the rear end, since I've welded perches on the housing a couple times. Doesn't look too bad from what I can eyeball, but it would be interesting to see where everything really is.

Leave a comment:

• Huskinhano
    replied
    The local truck shop by me does that. I've taken my Econoline vans there with the Twin I Beam. My brother took his old Econoline with a straight axle there for the same.

Good job. Your camber must have really been off. I've been running a little over 1° neg camber and haven't noticed any noticeable wear. Don't forget to check toe now.

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Originally posted by squirrel View Post
    I decided to see if I could do something about the odd tire wear up front, the camber was a bit negative, more so on the pass side.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1097510[/ATTACH]

this is what I did, it looks like it's just about zero degrees on both sides now. Notice the inner rib on the pass side tire is worn more.

We had a fun discussion about this stuff on the HAMB, a few guys who work on big trucks suggested the jack and chains method. It works.

Whoa! That is a heck of a trick!

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    And I've only gone quicker than two runs in that whole stack, and it wasn't by much =P That's a cool list coming up on two years.

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    I did some accounting...found all my time slips for the car, including the ones I only had pictures of that I had turned in on Drag Weeks. I made a spreadsheet, all 48 runs.

Name:	racing log1.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	665.9 KB
ID:	1097943

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    this tubing is pretty heavy...I think it's 5/16" wall, not likely to kink!

I've been organizing stuff so it's more nicer for the road trips. I made a box for the trunk, this also lets me keep stuff in the car without locking the car, and folks can't get at it easily. since there's no trunk bulkhead, I had to do something.

Name:	20160415_144421.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	1097638

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    If you look at pipe legged towers with welded tabs on them, the pipe bends at the welds..
    I used to straighten them on a huge press brake.. 4X6 blocks about a foot from the tabs and a 4X4 on top..
    It would bend a long ways before straightening.. Had to use blocks because anything stiff would collapse the pipe.
    I straighten bent derby car frames like you did on the front end.. They can slip the wrong way fast!
    Never thought of doing a front end like that! Gonna have to try that on a bent trailer axle I got!

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    yeah, way past zero!

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Looks good did you have to go past 0 and let it come back?

Leave a comment:

• corvettedad
    replied
    Pretty good trick!

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    I decided to see if I could do something about the odd tire wear up front, the camber was a bit negative, more so on the pass side.

Name:	20160414_120354.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	1,004.5 KB
ID:	1097510

this is what I did, it looks like it's just about zero degrees on both sides now. Notice the inner rib on the pass side tire is worn more.

We had a fun discussion about this stuff on the HAMB, a few guys who work on big trucks suggested the jack and chains method. It works.

Leave a comment:

• Huskinhano
    replied
    When I was in HS a buddy had a 65 GTO with a junk yard 67 2bank 400. The rocker nuts would come loose. We would smash them with a 5# sledge hammer and put them back on. That worked pretty well!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X