Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanStokes
    replied
    An advantage to LSR - more time to look at the gages after you're done shifting (though I still sometimes for get to look). A camera mount pointed at the gages would be a good thing......

Dan

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Ten second problems, lol.

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    I don't really know, I never remember to look at the boost gauge! too much else going on when the hammer is down....

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied
    I can't remember if you ever said how much boost you are running, Jim.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    K&W Copper Cote and similar products are REALLY good stuff. I've used it extensively for years with great luck.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• yellomalibu
    replied
    There's a reputable machinist around here who uses that spray copper on head gaskets. Yes, I know you're supposed to put them on dry, but it works for him... and you know what, I've had a few different engine combos that seep oil between the head and block when using aluminum heads - and the engines HE puts together don't do that.

Not that a little copper spray will make up for heads that aren't quite perfectly straight, but apparently it doesn't hurt.

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    The main thing I want is to have it work....without going nuts spending money. So far, it works with the stock gaskets. It's not perfect, and it could get worse over time. I doubt my cylinder pressure is really much higher than yours, after all I get away with running pump gas.

I'm looking into modern gasket designs. Although the felpro blue is a modern gasket design, compared to what they used original (steel shim).

Leave a comment:

• CDMBill
    replied
    I know this would be modern tech, but have you considered an MLS style gasket? The multi layer steel better supports the entire head surface from bolt to bolt. I had some issues with the Fel-Pro blues as I raised the compression over time. The Cometic's solved that and I'm at 12:1 static now on the 598". I suspect your cylinder pressure under boost is likely quite a bit higher than mine making the issue worse. with thin decks. FelPro now offers an MLS as well if that is your brand prefernce.

Most of these gasket materials and technologies weren't around in the mid-sixties anyway so I think you'd be ideologically safe?

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Originally posted by squirrel View Post
    Could be. Hey, it's only another hunnerd bucks (chevy head gaskets cost more than Fords, apparently)

Ooof, the Buick ones are $80 more per set.

Leave a comment:

• Huskinhano
    replied
    Originally posted by squirrel View Post
    Don't worry, I have the "ignore" button.
    LOL! OK, forget the BBF comment.

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    Don't worry, I have the "ignore" button.

Leave a comment:

• Huskinhano
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    Tom - Don't poke the wolverine.......

Dan
    I'm not worried, Jim's about 2000 miles away.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Tom - Don't poke the wolverine.......

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Huskinhano
    replied
    Jim, you know you can pick up a BBF a lot cheaper then a BBC. 521 cu in is very to get with them.

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    Could be. Hey, it's only another hunnerd bucks (chevy head gaskets cost more than Fords, apparently)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X