Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• squirrel
    replied
    The trick is put it on the scanner at 600 dpi and then the picture will be big enough to see!

Click image for larger version

Name:	hrm.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	281.7 KB
ID:	1084620

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    I JUST got the mag so I haven't gotten to the article yet. My old eyes had to strain to see the cover pic but that's you all right.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Huskinhano
    replied
    Gawd, I have to Waite another week until I'm back home to see it. The kid leave for New Zealand on the 8th. First leg of the trip starts at JFK bright and early.

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    yup! Just got back from fetchin the mail (a mile and back).....there I am! and I called Dan and told him he's on the cover too

Leave a comment:

• langleylad
    replied
    Hahahahaha, the price you pay !

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    Uh.....hmmmm....now you got me all antsy!

Leave a comment:

• langleylad
    replied
    Hey , who's altered wheelbase 62 Chevy II is that I see on the cover of Hot Rod that showed up at my front door today ! . You're a good son Jim .

Leave a comment:

• quick 52
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueCuda340 View Post
    I know Ross(RedlightRoss) broke a GV on drag week with his Roadrunner this year. They Warrantied the unit for him but they determined he was using it wrong. It had something to do with the switches and how he operated it. Something about how it needs to be ON all the time but not engaged? I can't exactly remember he told me what happened on day 4 and my brain is full by then lol.
    Rick with the Hemi RR had vendor trouble also.. Those mopars are hard on equipment

Leave a comment:

• BlueCuda340
    replied
    I know Ross(RedlightRoss) broke a GV on drag week with his Roadrunner this year. They Warrantied the unit for him but they determined he was using it wrong. It had something to do with the switches and how he operated it. Something about how it needs to be ON all the time but not engaged? I can't exactly remember he told me what happened on day 4 and my brain is full by then lol.

Leave a comment:

• langleylad
    replied
    I love your work Jim .

Leave a comment:

• Huskinhano
    replied
    I had to chuckle later on after reading how you were told it wouldn't work without their computer. The younger generation can't quite grasp that there are other ways besides a black box. Too bad they don't understand relay logic.

Years ago I worked in a hospital, electrician. I was talking with the manager of the biomed dept. Somehow we got into a discussion about capacitance reaction of a circuit. He grab his calculator and way before he was done, I spit the answer out. He just couldn't understand how I did it so quick. No clue about rounding out and moving decimal points. Oh, I was very close to his calculation that totally blew him away.

I use to do a lot of high speed packaging machinery, tube filling and pass through stretch wrapping pallet machines. That was fun!

The pallet wrapping machines were fully automatic, they would wrap 120 pallets per hour with the cheapest plastic you could buy.
    Last edited by Huskinhano; January 20, 2016, 08:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Cool as always! That shifter is home-brew goodness!

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    That's how it's wired, but it's not Drive, it's 3rd. since it has a full manual valve body.

I'll see how close it is to my leg, thanks for that observation

Leave a comment:

• 65RHDEER
    replied
    Just an observation, do you think maybe that plate needs a bigger edge?

I can see a sliced thigh if things go wrong.

The O/D is manual control, with it only being able to be engaged when the micro switch that linens up with Drive is operated, is that how it's wired?

Good engineering, it looks great.

Leave a comment:

• corvettedad
    replied
    I think you might have succeeded, look's just like it! Really neat work!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X