Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phillip123
    replied
    That is one of the best improvements I've seen to be made! I'm a new member so I just saw the first page and now this! Congratulations!

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Did you need to or want to make a new shift plate. I have always liked you home made shifter.

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    Yeah, it will be interesting. I have only been on a short test drive up to speed, it seems to work fine so far.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Very cool! As usual, great installation - you know I love nice backyard fabrication. It'll be interesting to see how that works out on the track AND on the road.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    you might notice that I haven't installed the driveshaft loop yet...it was welded to the chunk of tunnel that I cut out, so I have to do some grinding to cut it free, then make some mounting tabs, and I'll probably just bolt the tabs to the floor. I also ordered some 3.89 gears, I think it will be just the right ratio...3.70 was not enough, 4.11 was too much. And the 3.89 will give me about 3.0 effective ratio in overdrive. Which is nice for cruising at 75.

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Visions of Laycock-de-NormanVille....... looks right at home.

Leave a comment:

• Shelty
    replied
    damn thats cool! both the wife buying you a car part, and the install

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    uh....1960s tech. The same OD that was in that 67 Triumph (which I just sold).

thanks

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    look at that, Squirrel made it to 70s tech

lucky bastard

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    thanks!

Anyways...my dear wife got me a Gear Vendors od for Christmas. I had the 1000 off coupon from winning my class...so it was almost affordable. I installed it, and figured out how to make it work with a couple switches and a relay and not engage when it's not supposed to, without using the computerized controller that came with it.

a few pics

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Of course you would be in Hot Rod! Really never was any doubt..
    Congrats... You are really a man of vision! See something a certain way and built it..

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    thanks! I'm still waiting for it...will be hanging out at the mailbox today, or maybe stopping by a few newsstands

Leave a comment:

• langleylad
    replied
    I received my new copy of Hot Rod today and I read about your success at Drag Week , congrats Jim .

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    thanks....the interesting thing is only one plug was like that. Probably something iffy in that cylinder, although it seems to be fine right now.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    as for the liquid issue - with water, sure, it cleans the combustion chambers very nicely - I know my situation was what it was (also, it's pretty normal for that cylinder to have trouble since the water passage is above it and that end of the gasket will fail eventually)... still, ymmv. good luck

Leave a comment:

Working...
X