No announcement yet.

62 Chevy II AF/X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mom said she likes the idea of Red. So, Red it is!

We had fun at the robot competition....our local team that I mentor, the Phoenix team my oldest son mentors, and the Tucson team that my brother and my other to sons mentor were among the top 5 scoring robots. They play 3 against 3, and our alliance beat my brother's alliance in the quarter finals, and lost to my son's alliance in the finals. Very fun...and tiring...but I'm back at work, block sanding the roof of the Chevy II.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Mom knows best

Sounds like good fun at the robot competition.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Always listen to mom!
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Very cool Jim!!
          Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
          Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
          Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
          Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

• thanks!

I'm sanding, slowly...didn't have much energy yesterday, the robot thing wore me out. Yesterday I had a couple eating dates with my wife...andI took a nap for a few hours in the afternoon, and went to bed at 10pm didn't get up till 8 this morning. I hope to get a lot more done on it today, now that I'm rested up.
            My fabulous web page

Comment

• Anniversary Gold Poly sure looks delicious........

Comment

• Yup, too bad it's Poly. I'm not so good with Poly.
                My fabulous web page

Comment

• The final coat (I hope) of primer is on the outside of the car. now for the inside, firewall, jambs, doors, etc.

I made a spreadsheet of weight of all the parts, except the ones I most likely forgot. Body shell is 450...the total looks right at 2500.
                  My fabulous web page

Comment

• don't forget to weight the paint!

I was floored to see the weight of the paint of one of our planes, Somewhere in the 400 pound range...

don't think you'll be using that much....
                    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• I can't do much about the weight of the paint...but I'll add 10 lbs to the weight spreadsheet, anyways. Good point!

Inside is ready for primer. I know there will be a lot of dry overspray that will land on the floor, so I'm going to paint the upper parts first, then let it dry a little, remove the plastic, and shoot the floor. Should be entertaining.

My fabulous web page

Comment

• if you are going Authentic, seems like you should just blast overspray everywhere?

Good to see it in pictures again!
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Looking good Jim, can't wait to see it at Drag Week
                          1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                          1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                            if you are going Authentic, seems like you should just blast overspray everywhere?
                            Not really....they did a great job at the factory of controlling overspray.
                            My fabulous web page

Comment

• ah, cool. I was being a smarty pants because of the "put a yellow oil pen mark here, orange peel this on purpose, overspray needs to go here" 100 pt. crowd.
                              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• I got that....but if you ever tried to duplicate the factory "mistakes", you'll find it's incredibly hard to do.
                                My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                                X