62 Chevy II AF/X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's my take on it, too.

Also...it's a tilt column, if it's a used column then it started life as a collapsing column. If it's aftermarket, no collapsing. I've installed a few used collapsing tilt columns in other cars, it takes some effort to make it so the collapsing feature will still work. And it still won't fasten your harness for you.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• My 66 Mustang still has it's Spear-O-Matic column but since it's a rear steer with the box tucked up by the firewall,I'm not too worried. By the time it was, I think I'd have pretty severe injuries. Just drive defensively.
      Tom
      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Guilty as charged on the seat belt thing. Even after rolling my wifes truck I still don't wear them. Damned good thing that air bag didn't go off....

Comment

• Now I have the transmission and blower from the 55, I can get them ready to put in the Chevy II. I took apart the blower yesterday, it's fun, not much to it, although getting it apart with the press fits of the bearings, and the sealer holding the ends on, is challenging.

My fabulous web page

Comment

• Originally posted by Casper View Post
            Guilty as charged on the seat belt thing. Even after rolling my wifes truck I still don't wear them. Damned good thing that air bag didn't go off....
            Casper , here you've been caring on about the safety concerns of the steering column and you don't even wear your simple seat belt , come on man !

Comment

• Got some parts in the mail today, so I finished putting the transmission together. I installed the gauges too...oil, water, boost. And bead blasted the blower case and other external parts, and did some mock up.

My fabulous web page

Comment

• man that looks sweet
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Originally posted by langleylad View Post

Casper , here you've been caring on about the safety concerns of the steering column and you don't even wear your simple seat belt , come on man !
                  Know your opponent, I"ve got at-least 8 or 9 more lives to go.

Looking good jim!
                  Last edited by Casper; April 25, 2014, 10:04 PM. Reason: For the hell of it

Comment

• Nothing like a good engine mock up for motivation.
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Looking GREAT Jim!

Local person
                      sigpic

Comment

• thanks! A little more progress. I've been puttering around with the heads, etc. Decided it's time to drop the engine/trans in. The heads are not bolted down, I still have to do some more work on them and put them together, but I need to order a few more parts.

The steering seems to clear, mostly.

My fabulous web page

Comment

• nice!
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• very nice !

Comment

• You know, they got rid of front engine dragsters for a reason Jim....just sayin

Comment

• Originally posted by Casper View Post
                                You know, they got rid of front engine dragsters for a reason Jim....just sayin
                                Clutch explosions that takes your feet off..Jim runs an hotamatic...

Comment

Working...
                                X