No announcement yet.

62 Chevy II AF/X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still believe that you don't ever sleep and if you do , you must have a cot out in the garage ! it's awesome Jim ! .

Comment

• Thanks. didn't get much done today, recovering from the long day yesterday, and we went out to breakfast with the car club. I started in on the wiring, didn't get too far. The shifter needed some work, like installing an neutral safety switch, and reverse lockout. So I did that.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
        The blower pulley is a new one (last year), I just added the bevel to make it look different. The drive setup is such that there's an extra half inch of pulley hanging out the front, so I added the bevel to hid that fact. The extra is a result of changing from 3" belt to 2" belt.
        That makes it even neater, thanks.
        Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

• You guys shoulda seen the crowd around this car all night at the show. Everyone was crawling and drooling all over it. Jim plays it down a bit but his handiwork is even more impressive in person.
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• That reverse lock out is SLICK!! Simple and effective.

One of a dozen reasons I want to go to Drag Week this year....
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• thanks!

Finished the shifter, wired the switches on it. The toggle switch and light are for the torque converter, switching from low to high stall. Light will remind me that it's in high stall. Still need to figure out the final marking for what gear it's in.

More wiring work, it's going slow, but making progress. The alternator and horn are wired, the starter and ignition is getting there. Although there's no wiring inside to connect them to yet. I ran out of friction tape, need a couple more rolls.

My fabulous web page

Comment

• How did I miss this is getting a switch-pitch? Oh, the cool retro factor just keeps on climbing and climbing.......early high-stall converter factory style!
                Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• I was wondering if there was room for the voltage regulator on top of the cowl area, I guess now I know! Maybe some day I'll jump on the friction tape band wagon, it just looks so neat

Comment

• It would look good on your Firebird, although it only really "fits" if you do the rest of the wiring in a way that makes it look like it was built in the old days. And I don't know how it would blend in with the EFI stuff
                    Last edited by squirrel; May 20, 2014, 09:21 AM.
                    My fabulous web page

Comment

• spray it all with dirt. Fits right in with both my old junk and new. hah. sigh.
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                        It would look good on your Firebird, although it only really "fits" if you do the rest of the wiring in a way that makes it look like it was built in the old days. And I don't know how it would blend in with the EFI stuff
                        How much are you paying per roll? If I'm looking at the right stuff it's like $25 per roll.

Comment

• No, more like $2 for Ace Hardware brand, or $3 for 3M at Home Depot.
                          My fabulous web page

Comment

• Jim - do you like the 3m super 33 tape? Got a wiring book that recommends it...
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Hmm, I'll have to go check my local Ace.

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                                Jim - do you like the 3m super 33 tape? Got a wiring book that recommends it...
                                Yes, if I'm using "normal" electrical tape. Which doesn't happen too often.
                                My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                                X