No announcement yet.

62 Chevy II AF/X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just love the clarity of vision you have on this car Jim. I do think you are going to need a fancier shock in the rear to keep all those parts moving in the right direction at the hit. I'm sticking with the three speed on my new project at the moment against a lot of advice regarding starting line ratio. With a low enough numerical rear gear it will be easier. Those back in the day were real pioneers. You know, the ones who get the arrows.
    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

• I expect the shocks will need some messing with. I'm not looking for a good 60 foot time...a lazy launch is fine with me. But consistent, and not inclined to break stuff.
      Last edited by squirrel; May 20, 2014, 01:50 PM.
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Now with video.

My fabulous web page

Comment

• Head lights, tail lights, turn signals, and you will be ready for DW! sounds great!
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
          ​​​​​​

Comment

• That sounds pretty husky!

Dan

Comment

• You just made my day!
              So did you go through the cam break in start up when it was on the start run stand? I'm losing track.

It sounds great - and I have to agree with Bill's comments - the clarity and focus with which you have approached this project is fantastic - you had a plan, a vintage / genre, and stuck to it without wavering. Well done indeed.

Thanks for taking us along for the ride - I'm sure I'm not the only one that learns something from your posts.
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Did he have it on a run stand? I thought this was the first time the engine fired up? It's a roller cam iirc.
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Randal is right, hydraulic roller cam so no cam break in needed, last night is the first time the engine has run. It's all "new" stuff, except the blower, which is kind of new since I overhauled it before putting it on this engine.
                  My fabulous web page

Comment

• Looked like she wanted to pull the left front just nudging forward... I like!

Comment

• Can't pull up the video at my desk...Damn! I'll have to look at it later...
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• that's too bad!

I got the mufflers on, no tailpipes yet. Ran the engine enough to get the thermostat open, all seems well. A few drips from the fuel pressure gauge, I'll probably just remove it for now, and maybe buy a more expensive one later? Not sure if it's the gauge or the fittings.

Seems to run pretty good, no funny noises. I'm happy so far. Still a lot of work to do before I can go for a drive, though.
                        My fabulous web page

Comment

• I'm getting things mixed up, my bad. Regardless - once again like your previous projects, you're an inspiration Jim!

Gas welded home built headers - who else does that - and builds robots... fantastic indeed.

That is one huge advantage of roller cams - no nail biting first start up break in procedure to worry about.
                          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Yep the lack of break in procedure makes the roller deal totally worth the price of admission.

Looking and sounding good Jim!
                            1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                            1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

• Finally got to see the video...well worth the wait... AWESOME!!
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• thanks!

I did some more wiring this afternoon. Got the fuse panel and ignition switch wired in, and I'm working on the gauge cluster. I decided to see if the ignition switch works...it does, so I took a short drive around my yard. It's loud. And fun.
                                My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                                X