No announcement yet.

62 Chevy II AF/X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More proof that you have your Shlitz together. But we knew that.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
      I plan to run it several times before the big adventure....stay tuned

Let me know, I'll meet you out there.
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• oke dokee!

Worked on the exhaust today. Got one side done. Also fixed the radiator mounting.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Nice! Didn't imagine you were going to run full exhaust though...
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• It was part of the plan all along. I know what a difference it can make as far as driving comfort. Also, I want the car to meet all the state laws...one of them is that the exhaust has to exit behind the passenger compartment.
            Last edited by squirrel; May 25, 2014, 10:06 AM.
            My fabulous web page

Comment

• Are you going to add tips or leave it bare? either way will look awesome.
              Local person
              sigpic

Comment

• I doubt it will get tips, I don't have much use for them.
                My fabulous web page

Comment

• The only thing about tips is I've "heard" it can alter the sound to some degree. If there is a drone at cruising speed I've "heard" it could shift the drone to a different rpm or such so it's less annoying. I have no actual facts to back that up, but seem to recall reading about it on a forum somewhere.

Just being out past the bumper will be huge though in the cabin sound department.

Cooler and cooler every day.
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Thanks!

I got the other tail pipe done, and Steven installed the passenger seat. We went for a test drive...it's quieter, but the exhaust "raps" a lot. Oh well. At least it's quiet enough to carry on a conversation. Went down to the river, the speed limit is 65 out there so I got it up to 70-75, about 3000 rpm. It's almost pleasant sounding at that speed. The seats still need work, I haven't put in extra foam yet.

But I might take things apart and finish painting the car this week. We'll see.
                    My fabulous web page

Comment

• An H pipe would get rid of the blapping sounds with the glass packs. Not sure if that is possible with your set up.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• I've hummed and ha'd if I should say anything plus I'm not one to be negative . You've done such an outstanding job on this machine and everything is so well thought out but this exhaust system looks rushed , just thrown under the car . The headers are awesome but the rest I'm not so sure about . I'm sorry if I've offended you , I don't mean too .

Comment

• The goal for the exhaust is to remove it at the track, so it has to be simply shaped enough to do that. X and H pipes would be too cumbersome over the axle.
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Originally posted by langleylad View Post
                            I've hummed and ha'd if I should say anything plus I'm not one to be negative . You've done such an outstanding job on this machine and everything is so well thought out but this exhaust system looks rushed , just thrown under the car . The headers are awesome but the rest I'm not so sure about . I'm sorry if I've offended you , I don't mean too .
                            I was thinking the same thing, laying under the car looking at it. You're right...but like Randal says, it is not for racing, it's just for driving around.

I may change it, move the mufflers back and in further. We'll see.
                            My fabulous web page

Comment

• The exhaust is usually on of the last things we have to do and we rush it. I threw mine together, now that we have it running, it rattles against the body brace, I knew that would happen. Now that it is running I can fix that. It is much quiteter that with the old GMC 6.

Comment

• is there ever a real way to please everyone? I really appreciate the efforts not to make this a billet piece and doing it the old style way with several improvements! In the style this project was built, if it was held to the ways of old, header muffs would have been slapped on, and, tailpipes would not have even been considered! Great Build squirrel!
                                Patrick & Tammy
                                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                                X