No announcement yet.

62 Chevy II AF/X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks! Yeah, I encounter that trade off with every part I put on the car. I have to keep reminding my self, it's just an old Chevy, and it's just a race car, doesn't need to look that nice.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Great work!!!
      Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
      Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
      Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
      Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
        Thanks! Yeah, I encounter that trade off with every part I put on the car. I have to keep reminding my self, it's just an old Chevy, and it's just a race car, doesn't need to look that nice.
        I don't remember seeing that many mandrel bent 3" tucked up tight exhausts when I was a kid... it'll look fine sitting on the gravel in the pits.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• I hope so!

A couple more pictures. I need to get some wheels and tires...skinny front wheels, skinny front tires, tall skinny rear tires. here's what I'm looking at, right now...

Free Shipping - American Racing VN309 Torq-Thrust Original Vintage Silver Painted Wheels with qualifying orders of $99. Shop Wheels at Summit Racing.

Free Shipping - Coker BFGoodrich Vintage Tires with qualifying orders of $99. Shop Tires at Summit Racing.

Free Shipping - Coker Classic Bias-Ply Tires with qualifying orders of $99. Shop Tires at Summit Racing.

Free Shipping - M&H Racemaster Nostalgia Rear Drag Race Slicks with qualifying orders of $99. Shop Tires at Summit Racing.

here's another page on the slicks, with a picture.

My fabulous web page

Comment

• In reference to possibly re-doing the exhaust. My opinion is it looks way cooler with the red glass packs showing where they are right after the headers versus what I'd expect to be grey pipe if moved around. My two cents is it looks mint right there.
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Thanks. I am thinking about putting some turn downs on the tail pipes, just angling down a little and cut off parallel to the ground. I'd probably make them out of bends.
              My fabulous web page

Comment

• looking sweet, cant wait to see it in color. are you going to do any old school gold leaf lettering on it?
                Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

• Probably going to do good old fashioned crude black lettering.

http://georgeklass.net/super-stock.html (scroll down a ways on this one)
                  My fabulous web page

Comment

• nice, its going to look sweet
                    Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                      is there ever a real way to please everyone? I really appreciate the efforts not to make this a billet piece and doing it the old style way with several improvements! In the style this project was built, if it was held to the ways of old, header muffs would have been slapped on, and, tailpipes would not have even been considered! Great Build squirrel!

I didn't bring it up for Squirrel to please me , I realize it's his build and it should be built the way he wants it . I've built plenty of cars and I've looked back at them and thought I should have done that different or shouldn't have done that . It's just my opinion and we're here to offer them or suggest that . I welcome opinions on my builds and you guys have come up with some fantastic ideas . Some times we rush things through just to get them done and a lot of the time it shows. JMO

Comment

• I agree...thanks for bringing it up. I get too close to what I'm working on, it's good to have different views expressed.
                        My fabulous web page

Comment

• if you name it Novacaine I'll poke you in the eye with a sharp stick
                          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Nope, it's Plan II.
                            My fabulous web page

Comment

• I agree with Randal on the mufflers and agree with you about doing turndowns.

Comment

• Latest pic. Been shuffling wheels around some more. I also played with the springs, I added a leaf in the drivers side front, the car sits more level now. But the right rear is still preloaded. I'm getting ready to take stuff off the car, and start sanding so I can paint the body. I was also thinking about trimming the front fenders, just below the masking tape. I won't be running a front bumper, and it will look more "clean" with the funky pointy piece cut off. And weigh less.

My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                                X