No announcement yet.

62 Chevy II AF/X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tucson is a slow track, for example my 55 has run 11.20s at a few other strips, best it ever did at Tucson was 11.85. I guess I'm looking at low low tens in the real world. I guess I can always just shift early into 2nd if it wants to go faster than it's allowed. I really don't want to do the 9.99 certification thing.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Too much "free horsepower" Time to add some creature comforts to weigh you down =P (I'm joking!)
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• It's a good problem to have
        My fabulous web page

Comment

• It is! My tanks are all in the two ton range. I'm afraid to weigh the Firebird because it'll probably come back at 3,800lbs =P

Comment

• Watching the video, I get the feeling that the car would actually be quick with another 1000-1500 stall. Scary quick.
            My fabulous web page

Comment

• Good looking wheelie bars... They look period correct..For some reason, my foggy brain remembers that style.. Did you have that oil pressure drop at the high end before?

Comment

• I've never run the car before, so the oil pressure drop at the top end is new. The 55 has a very similar motor, but the pan and pickup are different. I did have some oil pressure issues with the Chevy II on the street...and lowered the oil level, it seemed to cure it (mostly, but not all the way, apparently)

I've been thinking about making a deeper pan, and I might look into a short windage tray too.
                My fabulous web page

Comment

• Oh...the breathers...I've been reading up on header evacuation systems. I may add one, connected to the fuel pump block off plate, and the passenger side header collector. Parts are cheap, just need a late 60s mopar breather and a 60s Chevy AIR check valve, and a piece of pipe, and some heater hose.
                  My fabulous web page

Comment

• Throw a nitrous kit on it Jim, it'll help keep the blower a little cooler.

Comment

• What's it high stalling at? From time to time there are performance switch pitch converters that pop up on the V8Buick board, occasionally unused rebuilds even.

Comment

• Jim, I meant your other big blocks having pressure drop at the top end... Yes I am aware this is your first dragstrip outing with this car.. Realized after posting that I would be misunderstood..... Looks like you need to mimic the 55's system?

Comment

• The steering linkage is different, so I can't.
                          My fabulous web page

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                            What's it high stalling at? From time to time there are performance switch pitch converters that pop up on the V8Buick board, occasionally unused rebuilds even.
                            If you find a PAE 4000 stall, let me know! I have a 3000 now. I talked to a guy at a converter place last year, he didn't really have any good suggestions for the 55, with the power level and the amount of highway driving I do with it with mild rearend gearing.
                            My fabulous web page

Comment

• 10-4, I'll keep an eye out.

**The V8Buick board owner builds and sells converters so I'm asking if he does switch pitches. His advertising thread doesn't specifically say but I think I've seen a few threads where he has made/rebuilt ones for others.
                              Last edited by TheSilverBuick; June 28, 2014, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• Wow. Look at it go!! And, embarrass Mr. New Camaro driver in the process.

Not sure if you used a windage tray or not. Don't remember seeing that part of your engine build. If you are running a high volume pump, it could be sucking the pan dry on a stock pan.
                                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X