62 Chevy II AF/X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    Could be the muffler rusted away and you now have open pipes, Stiney?

Now Bob, next you'll be telling me the earth is flat. Lol.
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• It's why my car weighs in like a few elephants are driving

I saw the trucker "public" scale was open in Lund last week when I drove by, I'm thinking of driving the Firebird out there to weight it in.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
        Now Bob, next you'll be telling me the earth is flat. Lol.
        It's not?....

Comment

• Not around here. Lots of mountains.
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Our part of the world IS flat. Chris Columbus was WRONG!

Maybe it depends on where you're standing.

Dan

Comment

• If you're standing on the salt, it sure looks curved. Same with a boat on the ocean. Or a beach on the coast. Or a spaceship.

My fabulous web page

Comment

• Went out in a 21 ft boat till all I saw was the lighthouse.. Looked curved to me, even if the boat was rising and dropping with the swells...
                Truely amazing how fast the weather changes out there!

Comment

• Jim's right - you can see the curve at Bonneville quite clearly. We live on a coastal plain and it's pretty flat around here - easy to build a drag strip. There are enough trees to prevent you from seeing the curve, though - unless you're at the beach.

Dan
                  Last edited by DanStokes; April 21, 2015, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• I bought a walker 18 series muffler for my 84 C10 because I wanted a regular muffler that wasn't loud. Not sure what inlet / outlet sizes you need, but they have a nice gadget on their website.
                    Use the convenient Walker online parts lookup tool to find the exact Walker exhaust parts that match your next repair need.

Comment

• Thanks I'll take a look when I get home
                      My fabulous web page

Comment

• Wondering if you took this to the track after the repairs?
                        Running great lately?

Comment

• Haven't gone racing yet, but it's running fine around town. I probably should get it to the strip, just to see how it does...before heading up to Illinois for the Meltdown Drags in July.
                          My fabulous web page

Comment

• Hey Jim, on your pushrod issue, I'm catching up on stuff here, were the bad ones on both intake and exhaust? You have replacements now, but maybe a heavier wall pushrod is in your future?
                            Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

• They were both intakes. The intakes on that set were made differently than the exhausts, and different than the replacements. I think they were just defective.

My fabulous web page

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                                Interesting - have you looked at any Jones exhaust? They have some nice looking stuff, haven't heard any mufflers in person though, they are made in U.S.A. They have a small case oval muffler that will work on my falcon, reasonably priced too. Cherry bombs as I recall (Mom says I have expensive ears) are cool, for about a week, then they just become too loud, sort of like flowmasters... except they are never cool! IMHO.
                                My glass packs are so loud my stereo went into protect mode.

Comment

Working...
                                X