Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Liggett
    replied
    Yeah, those bias plies look good, and fit the build; but driving on them... not so fun after running radials for so long.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Go Squirrel, Go!
    Hope you win again!

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    having fun on Drag Week. Car is doing fine, ran a couple 10.3x times. driving fine, aside from the squirreliness of the bias ply tires, etc. Two races, two drives, down. Almost past the hump.

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied
    Originally posted by blackZ View Post
    I received my issue of hotrod a couple of days ago and finally got around to reading the article last night. It finally dawned on me who's car that is and I tried to come here and tell you how cool it is but I guess I can't remember my password and I've changed email addresses so I just signed up. I used to be A/Fuel, but anyway I love that car!
    Hey A/Fuel!! Email Chad or Brian to help you out with your old log in.

Leave a comment:

• corvettedad
    replied
    Dang ! It lined almost perfect!!

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    I think that was someone else's half track burnout or something?

Click image for larger version

Name:	racing.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	458.6 KB
ID:	1112330

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    No traction problems...good 60 foot times every run. The condenser was acting up the first run of the first two days, then I figured out what it was and fixed it.

Leave a comment:

• andy30thz
    replied
    Jim, quick question... On the inside cover there is a shot of the back your car making a pass and it looks like it was spinning the whole way!! Was that really the case? Or was it just a fresh prepped track your tires were making tracks on?
    The article mentioned the other guy won one round out of three...I was wondering if it was from the lack of traction on that pass?
    Last edited by andy30thz; July 3, 2016, 05:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• corvettedad
    replied
    Great accomplishment! Built and driven the fun way! Like I've said in other posts, love the car and the set up!

Leave a comment:

• blackZ
    replied
    I received my issue of hotrod a couple of days ago and finally got around to reading the article last night. It finally dawned on me who's car that is and I tried to come here and tell you how cool it is but I guess I can't remember my password and I've changed email addresses so I just signed up. I used to be A/Fuel, but anyway I love that car!

Leave a comment:

• Huskinhano
    replied
    Just got my copy of HR IN the mail yesterday. Great read! That's quite an accomplishment and talent to build something the way you want and get people to see on the front cover of a magazine. That's vindication!

Leave a comment:

• 65RHDEER
    replied
    Looking at that shot you wouldn't believe that the car has done so many street miles, it's an awesome thing.

Who would have thought this car would go so far in such a short time, thanks Jim for sharing the whole trip with us here on Bangshift.

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    There's a few pictures of the car the last day of drag week 2014, the air in Tulsa was really thick, and it did pull the front wheels. Most of the time, it's really close to, but not quite. Which is exactly what I want it to do! Wheelies impress the kids, but they don't make you go any faster.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Great shot, Malc! It looks like the front tires are JUST on the ground but like 1 ounce more weight on the rear bumper would result in a wheelie. I love this build!

Dan

Leave a comment:

• malc
    replied
    Can't for the life of me remember where I got this..............makes a bloody great screen background.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X