Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is good news!

Comment

• Running better with the new pushrods. The ends of the old intake pushrods look different than the exhausts (and the new ones), maybe they were just not so well made.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Glad that you found the culprit.

Dan

Comment

• Great you found the cause, I was starting to wonder if the rocker studs were pulling out of the heads or ???
          Are your pushrods custom length and different Int / Exh?
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Big blocks have shorter intake pushrods. Since it has a retrofit roller cam, the lengths are not stock. The studs screw into the heads on all big blocks, too.

My fabulous web page

Comment

• Cool - glad you found it, every time I look at your car I smile. Very well done indeed.
              I also wonder if I could live with cherry bombs in the falcon if I ran full tail pipes like you have... hmmmm.
              Last edited by milner351; April 20, 2015, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• I'm going to change my mufflers, if that's any indication!

My fabulous web page

Comment

• Interesting - have you looked at any Jones exhaust? They have some nice looking stuff, haven't heard any mufflers in person though, they are made in U.S.A. They have a small case oval muffler that will work on my falcon, reasonably priced too. Cherry bombs as I recall (Mom says I have expensive ears) are cool, for about a week, then they just become too loud, sort of like flowmasters... except they are never cool! IMHO.
                  Last edited by milner351; April 20, 2015, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• I'm thinking stock replacement mid 60s full size car mufflers.
                    My fabulous web page

Comment

• Can you actually get quiet quiet mufflers these days? I'm considering putting a cut out on the Firebird and silencing the engine exhaust completely. My first Firebird had all stock exhaust and it was whisper quiet going down the road.
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Climate change has changed the acoustic qualities of air to the point that whisper quiet exhaust is no longer possible.

Seriously.

Just the other day I started up a car of mine the has sat for 20 years.....it used to be whisper quiet, now it sounds like a derby car. Blat, blat.

Proof definitive.
                        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• I knew it!!
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Could be the muffler rusted away and you now have open pipes, Stiney?

Comment

• Stock replacement mufflers is a great idea if you want quiet, with cut outs in front of them for racing.

Truck mufflers were quite often "round body" larger diameter than a cherry bomb or other glass pack - but still not too hard to package, just longer than a typical car muffler or turbo muffler oval case affair.

My 91 truck has a Y pipe then a single round body muffler, unfortunately I think it's only 2.25"... a bit small for a 351.

Comment

• I don't need the cutouts, since I take it all off for racing (weight savings as well as lower restriction)
                                My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                                X