No announcement yet.

62 Chevy II AF/X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, it will be interesting. I have only been on a short test drive up to speed, it seems to work fine so far.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Did you need to or want to make a new shift plate. I have always liked you home made shifter.
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

• That is one of the best improvements I've seen to be made! I'm a new member so I just saw the first page and now this! Congratulations!

Comment

• Jim, seriously amazing work!! You better not ever let this one go!
          Local person
          sigpic

Comment

• Any drive line angle issues with the longer trans set and your short wheelbase? On the vintage Mustang board these get talked about from time to time. one guy who is an engineer who's worked at J Bittle and help design Global West control arms is running one or had one. he had vibration issues because he really couldn't get good U joint angles. I believe he did get it resolved.
            Tom
            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• I haven't really had time to check the driveline angles well...but it was a bit nose down before, which causes a little bit of vibration, it's worse with less gear in it. The overall angle didn't change, but the U joints are at a little bit more angle because the shaft is shorter. I think it'll be ok....we'll see.

I figured out how to make the gate on the shifter work better, but that required reducing the size of the lever. So I kind of had to make a new plate, so fix a problem I had with the original design. The shifter is pure experimentation....trying to make a working copy of the one in this 50 year old picture

My fabulous web page

Comment

• I think you might have succeeded, look's just like it! Really neat work!
                Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• Just an observation, do you think maybe that plate needs a bigger edge?

I can see a sliced thigh if things go wrong.

The O/D is manual control, with it only being able to be engaged when the micro switch that linens up with Drive is operated, is that how it's wired?

Good engineering, it looks great.
                  Tim
                  Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• That's how it's wired, but it's not Drive, it's 3rd. since it has a full manual valve body.

I'll see how close it is to my leg, thanks for that observation

My fabulous web page

Comment

• Cool as always! That shifter is home-brew goodness!
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• I had to chuckle later on after reading how you were told it wouldn't work without their computer. The younger generation can't quite grasp that there are other ways besides a black box. Too bad they don't understand relay logic.

Years ago I worked in a hospital, electrician. I was talking with the manager of the biomed dept. Somehow we got into a discussion about capacitance reaction of a circuit. He grab his calculator and way before he was done, I spit the answer out. He just couldn't understand how I did it so quick. No clue about rounding out and moving decimal points. Oh, I was very close to his calculation that totally blew him away.

I use to do a lot of high speed packaging machinery, tube filling and pass through stretch wrapping pallet machines. That was fun!

The pallet wrapping machines were fully automatic, they would wrap 120 pallets per hour with the cheapest plastic you could buy.
                        Last edited by Huskinhano; January 20, 2016, 08:54 AM.
                        Tom
                        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• I love your work Jim .

Comment

• I know Ross(RedlightRoss) broke a GV on drag week with his Roadrunner this year. They Warrantied the unit for him but they determined he was using it wrong. It had something to do with the switches and how he operated it. Something about how it needs to be ON all the time but not engaged? I can't exactly remember he told me what happened on day 4 and my brain is full by then lol.
                            1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                            1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueCuda340 View Post
                              I know Ross(RedlightRoss) broke a GV on drag week with his Roadrunner this year. They Warrantied the unit for him but they determined he was using it wrong. It had something to do with the switches and how he operated it. Something about how it needs to be ON all the time but not engaged? I can't exactly remember he told me what happened on day 4 and my brain is full by then lol.
                              Rick with the Hemi RR had vendor trouble also.. Those mopars are hard on equipment

Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                              Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

• Hey , who's altered wheelbase 62 Chevy II is that I see on the cover of Hot Rod that showed up at my front door today ! . You're a good son Jim .

Comment

Working...
                                X