No announcement yet.

62 Chevy II AF/X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• probably not close to me, but i am sure there are BS'ers along the way.
    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

• Good luck! If you run into issues, i know some people
      Local person
      sigpic

Comment

• Javits Center. FIRST Robotics Competition, Fri-Sun Mar 11-13
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• I started looking at the short block. It all looks pretty good from what I can see. I pulled a bearing cap, no wear on the lower half, about 1" of wear on the upper. The bottoms of the pistons are still shiny aluminum, no head discoloration etc. skirts look fine. I guess I'll button it back up, and put the heads back on.

My fabulous web page

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
            I guess I'll button it back up, and put the heads back on.
            Bolts...good.....buttons not so....

Comment

• I like Velcro.....

Dan

Comment

• last update before my road trip...I got the engine in and pretty much all connected up, but I still have to put the sheetmetal back on. I also want to paint the radiator support first, there are a few parts I welded on to it after I painted it. Back to work in 10 days or so...

My fabulous web page

Comment

• back from my trip, back to work on the car...got it all put back together today. Went for a test drive tonight, it seems to be back to how it was...mostly running good, but occasionally dropping out. This problem started on the way back from Drag Weekend. I had swapped a few parts in the ignition system to see if I could fix it, like the distributor and a few other things, no changes. Tonight I got a new coil, put that in, seems to be better so far.

Dan called and said they're racing at the strip in Tucson tomorrow night, and he wants to take his truck to check it out and see if it's going to be ok for Drag Weekend West. I told him I might drive mine up if the car's ready, and see if it works. So....maybe some racing action tomorrow.

My fabulous web page

Comment

• Yay new coil! I remember having to change those things... or cleaning crudded up green terminal connections. Dang I'm getting old.

Feel better pretty much everywhere now?
                    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• mostly the same. it idled a bit faster when I first got it fired up and set the timing, which means it has more power, right?

My fabulous web page

Comment

• No, everyone knows the race cars power source comes from stickers....
                        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• ran like crap last night...I forgot to buy a new set of plugs to try....oh well. Maybe I'll head back to the strip tonight.

My fabulous web page

Comment

• looked inside carbs today, didn't see anything that could be causing problems, just like I expected. put in a different condensor on the distributor. changed 7 of the 8 plugs again. Before this, it ran a crappy 11.33, then after the work ran 10.40/130, hauling ass to it's quickest/fastest pass ever in Tucson. hmmmm....
                            My fabulous web page

Comment

• You are becoming famous, getting interviewed on live TV, congrats

Comment

• uh oh!

Got home, survived 790 miles of Arizona driving and racing. The car ran pretty good after changing the condenser Saturday. Then when we were ready to head home today, after putting the mufflers back on, I heard a nice knocking sound in the motor. It was just a loose rocker...put a new nut on it. I guess I need to put poly locks on it, or else replace the rocker nuts when I remove them.

My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                                X