No announcement yet.

62 Chevy II AF/X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blowers are pretty easy on engines, if you set it up right. It's nothing like nitrous or high rpm.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• I want a sbc powered dualie with a small blower for the low end grunt needed to haul heavy cars over mountains here..
      Everybody seems to think it will be a waste..
      SBC, smallish blower and a good carb with a strong turbo 400/475 will make a nice cruising trailer puller.
      F course the maniac in me would love a BBC blown and fast too but not in a dualie crew cab..

Comment

• Got a little love from the Hot Rod web page

My fabulous web page

Comment

• I saw that earlier today and was going to mention it. Congrats

Comment

• Well done.

Comment

• I just got my September Issue of Hotrod.

Five full pages and half the cover.

Congratulations Jim

Comment

• holy cow....thanks!!!!
                My fabulous web page

Comment

• Wha?!?!? I'll have to go looking for it!
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Not expecting it in my mailbox until next week
                    My fabulous web page

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                      Wha?!?!? I'll have to go looking for it!
                      Me too...

Comment

• Mine's not here yet, either but you know I'll be looking for it. Well deserved press for sure. "Hey, that's a friend of mine!!!"

Dan

Comment

• Finally, something besides a modern muscle car on the cover of Hot Rod. And, it's a really cool car belonging to a friend. Congrats Jim.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Well deserved and long over due Jim. Great job. Great car.
                            Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

• Thats awesome! I jus tried to find a picture of the cover, no luck
                              Local person
                              sigpic

Comment

• Jim, this is so cool!
                                When I was kid I would look in Hot Rod, or any magazine and wonder how this happens. As I got older and was somewhat exposed to how it works, and I honestly got a bit jaded. You see cars by super-builders like Chip Foose and others who would get contracted to build a zillion dollar cars and, of course, that would be in a magazine.
                                Then I see those cars in real-life, and wow, they are amazing, and rightfully, should be in a magazine. This is then followed by disappointment with the nicest cars never getting driven so who knows if those works of art actually function.
                                The other cars in magazines have the parts that various vendors are actively trying to sell, nothing against this, it keeps the industry moving.

That said, every so often, a car NOT matching the criteria of “high-dollar build”, or “parts showcase” gets some attention, a great car build using creativity, cleverness, a vision, and even more importantly, IT WORKS AMAZINGLY WELL!
                                Well deserved, congratulations.
                                Last edited by mike343sharpstick; June 29, 2016, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X