• Show
Clear All

• I love how Jim gets excited about every mention he gets
    All well deservingly!
    3 cars in the mags I know of.. Would not be surprised if there are more
    55 car, Suburban and the Plan II...
    Am I missing any, Jim?

Comment

• I had a couple of my old trucks pictured in some truck magazines in the 90s, too. I was pretty excited about them!

Still waiting to see this one....it's driving me crazy!

And yeah, I knew they shot the car for a feature, but I really doubted it would be in the magazine, it seems to be not quite what David Kennedy put in his magazines. But he left HRM recently, and I don't know who the new editor is. I think things are looking up (or down?) for Hot Rod, they seem to have revised their editorial policy just now!

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Congrats Jim! Since I'm only home on weekends I'm going to have to find where my wife left my mail. It all depends on what she was doing when the mail came on any particular day. It's like a treasure hunt.
        Tom
        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• There was a write up on a Mopar derby guy, my son was a car beating on him and actually beat him that day.. Think it was a Mopar specific mag..
          Then my daughter was standing on her car in a local paper "Derby Queen" she won that event too..
          Those are the sum of my print...
          So you getting print and getting excited is tops in my book!
          You are a class act, Jim!

Comment

• Congratulations, Jim! I got mine yesterday and read it last night. Real cars built by real hot rodders rule!

Comment

• someone finally posted a picture....

Click image for larger version

Name:	hrm.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	1111656
              My fabulous web page

Comment

• Originally posted by mike343sharpstick View Post
                Jim, this is so cool!
                When I was kid I would look in Hot Rod, or any magazine and wonder how this happens. As I got older and was somewhat exposed to how it works, and I honestly got a bit jaded. You see cars by super-builders like Chip Foose and others who would get contracted to build a zillion dollar cars and, of course, that would be in a magazine.
                Then I see those cars in real-life, and wow, they are amazing, and rightfully, should be in a magazine. This is then followed by disappointment with the nicest cars never getting driven so who knows if those works of art actually function.
                The other cars in magazines have the parts that various vendors are actively trying to sell, nothing against this, it keeps the industry moving.

That said, every so often, a car NOT matching the criteria of “high-dollar build”, or “parts showcase” gets some attention, a great car build using creativity, cleverness, a vision, and even more importantly, IT WORKS AMAZINGLY WELL!
                Well deserved, congratulations.

This!
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• [QUOTE=squirrel;n1111655]someone finally posted a picture....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1111656[/ATTACH][/QUOTE

When I got mine I thought it's a shame that the cover pic gets cut off by the subscription address box. Better get a newsstand copy to fram.

Comment

• I'm going to pick up a few extra copies, for sure...still haven't seen it in my mailbox or at a store.

My fabulous web page

Comment

• I saw it at Wegmans supermarket. Not in my box yet. Yes I did give it a quick read.
                      Tom
                      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Thats awesome congrats on the cover shot!
                        CHECK US OUT AT:
                        www.ridetech.com

Comment

• My copy arrived a few minutes ago and I already read your article. VERY COOL!

Dan

Comment

• Mine showed up just now, too. Time to do some reading!
                            My fabulous web page

Comment

• we have to read!?!?!?just got mine! looking at it now!
                              Last edited by silver_bullet; July 1, 2016, 12:28 PM.
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Patrick, it's OK if you move your lips as you read it. No one will be there to see it.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X