62 Chevy II AF/X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 91CCFirebird View Post
    Had a thunderbolt hood on a 77 Chevy truck at the same place.....don't get it myself
    IMO, other than the truck, the rest of the pic is a fail; Gateway is St. Louis, truck in Louisville showroom, phone number is southern Indiana, total confusion.
    Last edited by 68scott385; November 26, 2013, 08:40 PM.
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by 91CCFirebird View Post
      Had a thunderbolt hood on a 77 Chevy truck at the same place.....don't get it myself
      Clearly these Chevys are running 427 FEs. Like it should be.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
        thanks for the pics! The yellow car has a lot of the build ideas I'm planning...interesting.... Do you know what's under the hood?
        I didn't get any pix of the front end down/ open but I think I agree that it's probably a dual quad tunnel ram on a 454. I just remember the guy was pretty cool and the engine sounded ANGRY! I went back through looking for engine pix and found this one that I believe is the inside of it.
        Attached Files
        Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

I really think he should get some gauging in that car. He might not know the lug nut torque with that limited instrumentation.

Dan

Comment

Really looking forward to following this. Jim...and just when you had us all thinking there could be nothing cooler than a 50s Suburban hauling a Shoebox to the races.
            Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

As long as Ford guys keep putting cowl induction hood scoops on their cars, I will be OK with the random Chevy with a tear drop.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the pic of the interior of the Yellow nova, sure has a lot of gauges!

Some new sheet metal will be here this coming week....then I can get back to work on it. Meantime, I'm swapping the motor in a 80 pickup.
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                  As long as Ford guys keep putting cowl induction hood scoops on their cars, I will be OK with the random Chevy with a tear drop.
                  Not a fan of chevy cowl hoods (the ones with the raised rib in the middle) on fords. I don't see any problem with the tear drops on anything.
                  http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                  1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

So it's going to have a Blown 427?

Are you going to use a Jerico or Liberty 4 speed?
                    Glenn

Comment

th400, is the plan. I have a couple I can build. No money, as usual....although the blower is an expense I have to pay
                      My fabulous web page

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
                        Motivation:
                        I think they're related: http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/4228935495.html

Comment

is it done yet? What about now?
                          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Not yet.
                            My fabulous web page

Comment

Dangit Jim! You put ideas in my head with this thread...

Buddy of mine found a not-so-bad 63 Nova and I just found this...
                              Local person
                              sigpic

Comment

I've been doing some more body work. Slow going....but I guess there's progress, sort of. I added the rest of the tail to the trunk floor on the right side, trimmed the quarter pane some more, and hung it back on. It almost fits...but the trunk doesn't shut right, there's a bit too much gap under the lid where the seam is. I'm playing with it some more, jacking and cutting and welding and banging. I'll get it eventually. Hopefully I don't need to get a porta power, although it would be handy to have one.

Attached Files
                                My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                                X